ACT 4

ACT 4

Dreaming the things she had always wanted during her slumber was certainly something Akali had taken for granted. Right now, she was bobbing her head along with the beat of the music pouring out of the speakers as she sketched random characters on the paper laid out on top of her desk.

This was something she always did whenever she felt unhurried with whatever project she had in mind in presenting at the office. It made her feel like she was back in her childhood room, doodling various characters that were usually left undone in the end.

What's different here was that after so much sketching here and there, Akali eventually found herself beginning to focus on the character she was now working on. Her eyebrows furrowed in concentration as she put such meticulous details onto the drawing she was determined in finishing.

The tip of the pencil glided over the paper ever so smoothly as Akali held it with the lightest but most secured grip. No matter what type of music that left the speakers, it didn't deter Akali's attention from her creation.

Next thing she knew, she blinked.

The paper was suddenly blank.

Akali pulled back, her eyebrows knitting together in confusion. Where was the drawing she was working on? It was literally right there! Where...-!

"Darling." That warm, velvety voice echoed in her ears, threatening to either melt her heart or spark a flame of yearning within her.

Smooth and slender arms wrapped around her like a cocoon of warmth and Akali was unable to stop herself from leaning back. It felt right to do so. She let out a small sigh as she turned her head to look over her shoulder, only for her azure orbs to clash with bright ambers.

It was her drawing.

Her Goddess.

"Evelynn."

The goddess smiled and caressed her cheek. There was no other movement that would have signaled for a kiss, but a tender whisper did cause Akali's heart to thunder deafeningly.

"Don't forget about me."

Akali wanted to say something. Anything, honestly. Yet, when she tried, all that she managed to get out was a breath, while her eyes remained fixated in the enchanting gaze of the woman that embraced her with unbelievable tenderness.

The more she stared into those eyes though, the more she saw the pleading look that tried hiding behind a cool and confident exterior. In the end, the strong and calm façade was not enough to mask the fear that trembled underneath.

Just when Evelynn made a motion in finally leaning in to instigate a kiss, Akali blinked once again and suddenly, she wasn't sitting down anymore. Everything around her change in an instant and the warmth that gave her a form of solace was gone and was replaced by a blanket draped over her form.

Lying on her stomach, half of her face buried in a pillow and drool dripping over the corner of her parted lips and onto the cushion itself, Akali was gradually roused out of her dream. She slowly pushed herself up and wiped the trail of saliva away with her shirt, one hand keeping her up as her eyes sleepily surveyed her room.

Once again, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Although most dreams usually end up being forgotten, Akali could still recall her most recent one with crystal clarity. She found it a bit unusual, especially since a certain someone made an unforeseen cameo in it.

Speaking of the goddess, Akali directed her gaze to her bedroom door. It was locked and only she had the key and capability in unlocking it, which of course disabled Evelynn from sneaking into her room. Not that she expected the woman to do such thing, but Akali just wanted to be preventive. A part of her did wonder though if her morning would be different if she hadn't locked it.