Battlefield

Isolde

You twiddled your thumbs out of nervous habit under the table. The sheriff of Edda signed your papers and read them over, but she wasn't quite sold on the idea.

"It's probably not a good idea to question Vidar Jutul. I heard he can be very menacing." The woman shivers at the thought of him.

"This town is dying and pollution from his company is the issue. There are ten gallon barrels filled to the brim with toxic waste up the glacier closest to the best takeoff for paragliding. The waste is spilling into the town's water and killing the trout in the fjord as well as causing illness amongst the citizens." You explain in a monotone.

"Then let's go have a look." The cop stands from her desk and walks out of the room. "Unfortunately we need more than photographs for evidence, girls."

~W~
Vidar Jutul appeared at the entrance of his keepsakes and unlocked the hatch. Nothing was found, but you knew the Jutuls must've known somehow. 

"I think there's a scapegoat here." Isolde mutters to you. "No way they could all disappear like this without a trace."

An idea came to mind and you put it into action. 

You slide on one of your toxic hazard gloves and bend down next to a puddle of slime. Using a test tube, you scoop some up and shake it around. Surely enough a black liquid enters the slime and your suspicions are proved.

"Sorry for wasting your time. These girls have always given me trouble." Vidar gives you a daring expression. 

"Will this work?" You hold up the test tube. "I found it in the same tunnel."

"It'll be alright. I can get it to the lab."

"Thanks." You kiss Isolde. "We're saving the town....one Jutul at a time."