Hostel Life Review

Hostel Life by  AkoOku

Overall review:
From what I understand this book is a book in which a girl named 'Debbie' is sent off to a boarding school. A school in which will change her life forever. Somehow, somewhen she looses her memory (amnesia) and forgets everything she once knew. It's a story that drives in drama, chaos and love. Will the truth be set free, will she regain her memory and lastly will it be a happy ever after... Read to find out. The Hostel Life is waiting for you - but are you ready for it?

Positives/ What I enjoyed:
- OK, so I loved the characters, I mean love them. They really hold your story together, they are very interesting. One great thing about your characters is you can easily distinguish your characters from one another, in other words they don't act/talk the same and have different personalities. This is great becausd it helps us as a reader become more invested as we can easily follow who is who and saying what without even knowing it them e.g. If one of your characters said "I'm the best at everything, I'm the supirior one" I would instantly think of Debbie before anyone else. Or if you said the handwriting in the board was disorganised etc later on in the book I'd automatically think to Mr Mathew's, who has only been mention a tiny bit.

- Your writing is good. What I mean by this is your style in which you write and punctuation is mostly on point and it's very easy and intriguing to read (though is a bit in constructive criticism 🙃 )

- The story plot is great, I mean I have already been shocked (had eye widening moments) already for example (Spoiler alert!) when Debbie steals/dances with Michies Boyfriend. I must admit I kind of ship it though - there's just something about thoes two 🤔

- It was a good idea to have photos of school uniform as it really helps create the vision your intending.

Constructive critism:
There isn't much to say here if I'm being honest with you, so here are a few tips to further improve you story :)

- Ok, first feedback I must give is to re - read your work because you have those few puntuation/grammar/ spelling mistakes - You will know what I mean. (This is only minor in your case as there is not many but if you want to perfect your book to its finest, I definitely recommend it)

- Your story is a little confusing, like I presume the story starts before she gets serious amnesia and then later she loses it. However in saying this she also had memory problems in the beginning of the book - so I'm confused is this ( Chapters 1-5ish) the first or second time she has been to the Hostel/Boarding school?

- So instead of (......) maybe use (-) to say the following line 'Get... Of.... Me..... You..... Dickhead' so that it instead says 'Get - of - me, you dickh...'  then as you can see cut it off with (...) to represent your actually loosing oxygen, I feel like this would be better. Don't you agree?

- One tip I have for you is to not start a new story until you have finished that one. I only suggest this because it can become quite hard to balance everything/ all the updates and then you might end up with lots of uncompleted stories, which can effect your future books as people will think you are unreliable 😬 also without good updating people can forget the story and what it is about before the next update.

Overal Thoughts:
I really enjoyed this book, I believe it was mainly because of the characters within the book - they made it very interesting/intreguing. It was a great read. I plan to finish it actually but I only done this review on first 5 chapters otherwise it would have took ages for me to post the review which I didn't want 🥺. I'm sorry I couldnt be off much help, I really did try to pick out bits that needed improving/ would make the book better but I couldn't find much. Keep up the good work💕 I think that when it comes to improvement with your book you need to finish it. What I mean by this is I think you should write a complete first draft and then go back through it yourself and start editing to make it better based off your own thoughts. Whilst this may sound silly and you may be thinking 'but if I don't know what it is I need to improve how will I improve it' well once you have left your book for a while and then went back to edit, you sometimes find the things you write sound cringe or maybe even you just find a way to say what you have better. It's hard to explain but I'm sure you will see when and if you decide to 🤷🏻‍♀️😅.

Personal rate: 7/10
Was a great read, I really enjoyed the characters. Every book can always get better though. 😊

Hope this was an ok review, I tried 🥺