Falling Review

Falling by tanya_4_2003

Overal review:
If you like bad boy and innocent girl love stories then this could be the book for you. It's about a sweet, kind girl called 'Auraua' who is in a hopeless love, she is trapped within a marriage that she doesn't want to be in and the feeling is mutual. The boy 'Felix' he also hates this marriage but they must stay within it to keep everyone happy even if it means their miserable. Despite their hate/dislike towards one another thief are still hints of happiness and protectiveness. Whilst this is a love story it also is filled with drama and secrets. Trust issues and trauma. It's a story of loosing and gaining.
Felix is arrogant and handsome and Auraua likes to see the good in everyone. The question is does everyone have a good spot within them...

Positives/ What I enjoyed:
- I liked the quotes at the beginning of each chapter, it really helps to create the sense of their aesthetics and to know how the character is feeling.

- I liked how you added a cast list with images, as this allowed you as a writer to focus more on the storyline than the description of how they look which some readers will appreciate.

- The storyline is decent, I like how their was many twists and surprises even in the 'Prolouge' it helps to draw in the readers right away and make them want to read on because they can tell right from the beginning that there should be more drama and chaos through out the book.

- I personally really like the characters 'Conistillo' and' Elijah' they are interesting characters, I hope they stick within your story as I'm sure many others will like them too😊

- Very good for a first story, isn't too cliche ethier

Constrived critasism:
Not much to say to be honest but here are a few points that could make your story better/more interesting (Some tips if you will)

- Re - read your chapters every now and then because every so often you have missed a word that can make it hard to read for example you missed the word 'to' (I think) in the first sentence in the prologue.

- When writing about a place make sure to do at least a paragraph or two on actually describing what the place looks like and how it may or may not make the character feel, this is so that that specific place is memorable to the audience and makes them really feel included within the story

- When writing about feelings make sure (and I'm sure your English teacher would tell you this to the class😂 but it's true) to show not tell, so if your character is feeling sad or about to cry you could for example say "As he says these words, I feel my heart drop in my chest, my breathing quicker and tears threatening to pour, if he keeps yelling they might just." instead of "I cried" this is only an example so you know what I mean. It makes the character relate more of the actions are mention rather then just saying 'I cried' or 'I'm scared' etc, it creates deeper meaning.

Overal thoughts:
Overal, I quite liked this story, as I was reading I thought I was on chapter 2 turns out I was on chapter 5! I enjoyed the characters and liked the storyline however at times it was a little confusing (this might just be my opinion though) It brings up questions like "How did Felix and her even get to a part where the liked each other enough for the marriage" (spoilers - I know it was forced/arranged but she said she liked him just not enough for that so I'm a little confused but...) besides that it's a great story for a first try, once edited and finished it could be something one day - it has potential. 💕

Personal rate: 6/10
Could be better but still rather a good read 🙂

(Sorry if any of the names are spelt wrong, there interesting/different to the usual ones you would see, which is also a positive - makes them memorable 🙃)

Hope you like the review, I tried my best 😅