She quickly set down her things, then excitedly floated a packet to everyone with the small wave of her hand. Once everything reached their final destination, she went on to explain happily, "Now that we're a good week into school, I think it's time to start a play!"

The majority of class groaned in response, but she cut them off with one hand on her hip before they could finish, "Don't be like that! It's not an actual play, sadly... It's just for learning purposes!"

"Ok, so now that's over with. Time for casting!" she paused to grab a clipboard, pencil, and paper, "We'll start with everyone going through the lines one by one."

Katlyn opened her packet and realized the play was a retelling of the werewolf origin story. Her curiosity peaked as she still had a lot to learn on this very subject.

Before long, the casting was set. The girl Katlyn knew as Molly was the evil witch, Kara was the wise siren, the fox boy was werewolf 2, Katlyn herself was werewolf 1, and everyone else had some other random role.

What she gathered from act one was that originally the world was filled with pure werewolves blessed by a moon goddess. This was until they were all cursed by a witch turned insane by her own use of dark magic she was born with. The curse was originally supposed to strip the werewolves of their power or differences and turn them human, but something went wrong. Instead, it caused any children born to become human, leaving the possibility of extinction.

That's where act one ended, with the promise of annihilation.

What a cliffhanger!!! She thought to herself frustratingly. She didn't have access to the next part as Mrs. Allarcha thought it would ruin their focus of what they were working on now. Katlyn desperately wanted to find out what happened next, though she would sadly have to wait... fun. Luckily, she had other school activities to take that off her mind, which debatably aren't as engaging, but that's school.

...

Katlyn continued on with her day, and met up with Anneliese at the spot they agreed upon before defense.

"Anneliese!" she called, waving as she ran towards her. She looked away from a large orange poster introducing a fall dance, and waved back, smiling. They continued to greet each other, then went on their way. 

"So how has your day been?" Anneliese asked kindly.

"Pretty good! In drama we've started a play, so that's kinda fun," Katlyn responded back, giving a smile.

"Ooo, what's it about?"

"Werewolf origins."

"That's always a fun topi-" Anneliese started, before pausing at what sounded like someone running after them.

"How- are you two- so fast?!" Kara exclaimed, finally reaching them.

They both looked at eachother amusingly, "She's actually the one that keeps us walking at a decent pace," Katlyn admitted, pointing at Anneliese.

"True, very much true, you slow sloth," she nodded in agreement.

"Yeah- Hey! I am not a sloth!"

"Yes you are!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Look, doughnuts!"

"WHERE!!!!!" Katlyn looked around frantically, only to stop when she realized that Anneliese was messing with her.

"Oh you little liar!"

"First off, I'm taller than you. Secondly, I don't lie," she said simply, mischievously pointing out a poster showcasing a single doughnut.

"How dare you! Doughnuts are a serious-"

"Hahaha!" Kara laughed loudly, unlike her usual demeanor.

"You two are funny," she continued delightfully, wiping a single tear from her eye before turning to walk back down the hallway, "come on, at this point we're going to be late."

Katlyn and Anneliese just stared after her. They both seemed to be surprised by the reaction, though they both gave each other a quick smile and happily went after her.

They arrived a couple minutes early despite Kara's previous comment, and made it to the wide open doors of the gym where loud chattering from students could be heard. The room seemed so full of life and voices... all until the three of them stepped inside.

Rather than the warm environment they had just experienced yesterday, it was quite the opposite. This time it was cold and dead silent. People stared, though not at Anneliese or Kara, but at Katlyn herself. They judged and whispered among themselves as if soaking up new drama before them. She had seen these looks before, the ones that teared at and destroyed any friendships possible.

And who sat on top of that throne of lies, gossip, and rumors?

Kattrine...

~Authors Note~

Why hello! Thank you for reading my chapter! Sorry to any computer readers who witnessed the giant change in font size for a second there, its supposed to be way smaller. That's what happens when I try to utilize pictures 😅

Thanks to PromiseMeAWin for helping edit! She has helped me every chapter so far, so make sure to go and check out her stories!

Keeping this short, so byyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! <3