Chapter Five:

Note: I suggest reading this chapter with a phone or other smaller device and on light mode, because Wattpad won't let me change font sizes.  :')

The morning started normally, Beth scurried off to her earlier class, and Katlyn had a bit before school started. Thankfully, at this point she knew where everything was, so she decided to get to her first subject of the day. She would normally be spending this time walking around, but instead decided to use it on assignments.

Eventually room 613, drama class, stood in front of her. The freezing cold temperatures of the area whipped her face as she entered. Mrs. Allarcha insisted on getting the cold rooms, she always said it was better for acting.

She started towards her seat, but noticed how she wasn't alone. Kara sat across the room, quietly reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. She didn't seem to notice when Katlyn plopped down on a chair in front of her.

"Hello!" she greeted, giving a friendly smile.

Kara looked up, surprise showing in her eyes, "Oh- hi!" she put down her book, the previous shock turning into a returned smile.

"I guess I'm not the only one early," Katlyn continued, trying to start a conversation, to which she was successful.

"Yeah, Gram Gram dropped me off a bit too early by accident, wait!" Kara quickly shuffled through her bag, as she seemed to remember something, "I uh- live in a bakery, so we always have extra goodies. My Gram Gram kind of just shoved these in my arms and told me to go make friends," she shyly held her hand out, revealing a container filled to the brim with chocolate chip cookies.

Katlyn's mouth watered, "Friendship accepted!!!!" she said, quickly shoving a cookie in her mouth. That was the key to her heart and friendship, SUGAR! And most definitely doughnuts. Though, sugar in general didn't really mix well with her... oh well! She would handle that later when her teachers had to deal with her craziness, the cookies were just too good.

"That was easy!" Kara chuckled.

"I'm a simple woman, sugar equals immediate friendship," Katlyn said with "dignity", though she had chocolate all over her face... "aww dang it," she continued, standing up to grab a tissue.

On her way back, she noticed the wave of students joining class. This counted a tall boy with dandelion yellow eyes, and curly short red hair that was accompanied by matching fox ears and tail.

Within the second he walked in, Kara noticed and quickly hid behind her book.

"How's the book?" Katlyn asked, pointing out her behavior.

"Ah- sorry, you see him?" She responded, eyeing the freckled faced fox.

Katlyn nodded and she continued, "He's one of Xander's minions-"

"And you don't want to get involved with him again," She finished for her knowingly, and this time Kara nodded.

"Yeah..." she confirmed.

Before they could continue their conversation, a classmate joined them. If Katlyn was correct, her name was Molly. She had short straight black hair and icy blue eyes which always seemed to have a layer of coolness to them. The only reason Katlyn had remembered her name was because she was one of the more outspoken, know it all students in the school. She sat in a seat next to Kara and rested her head in her hand as she waited for the teacher, who had just walked in, to start. They both followed her lead and quieted down, as they realized class was about to begin.

"Good morning!" Mrs. Allarcha greeted, which the class groggily chimed back. She was about average height and looked middle aged. Her curly light brown hair was always put up into a bun which easily revealed her soft brown eyes. The main thing students constantly seemed to remember her for, were her large antique glasses.