Chapter Three:

When the time rolled around, Katlyn and Anneliese met up and walked together to the library where freshmen were told to go for study hall. The room wasn't as big as the cafeteria, but it was definitely the largest library Katlyn had seen. Large dark wooden bookshelves towered over her, each shelf lined with all sorts of different books and novels. Multiple potted plants were dotted around the room, giving the place a floral scent, and to tie the whole look together, warm sunlight shone down on them due to the high glass ceiling.

One of the walls were cleared so that the librarian could give a presentation over things like the rules and expectations of the library. Once she was done, they moved to one of the tables spotted about, and opened up their various assignments. Katlyn mainly just had a few papers she needed to look over and get signed, but Anneliese, well.... she had a bit more to do.

"Ugh... why did I have to do AP classes?!" She exclaimed while slamming her head down on the multiple opened textbooks in front of her.

"Not like you wouldn't receive any work from a college level class," Katlyn replied, giving a little laugh.

"It's not the work, it's the constant thought of my sister yelling at me to study. I can practically hear her voice now!" Anneliese peered up from the pages she had been resting her head on, and continued in a non-muffled voice that was clearly an imitation of her sister's, "'to everyone else you are the Alpha's little sister, they look up to you and me as a role model. Studying is important to show our pack that intelligence is a good quality to obtain.' Blah blah and so on."

"Oh! So your sister's an alpha? Thats neat!"

"Not when everyone has to constantly look up to you, though I know she's just protecting me from the skeptics in our pack, the ones that dont think she can be a good leader," she said while pulling out a notebook and pencil to take notes, ending with a small smile. Once Anneliese finished laying out everything, she decided to ask, "So what about you? Do you have any siblings?"

"I- uh- no," Katlyn paused, "I don't have any siblings, not that I know of." There was more she could have said, but decided against it, some things she decided to be cautious about sharing. Unfortunately, she couldn't hide from everything.

"What a surprise to see you here too, Katlyn!" Said a girl she knew all too well. A chill went down her spine. Katlyn turned towards the voice, hoping it wasn't who she was thinking, knowing very well that she could recognize that tone anywhere.

Kattrine....

The back of her mind whispered when she met the grey-green eyes of her old..... classmate. Her heart dropped, of course she was here.

Kattrine held a poisonously sweet smile on her face. Her snow white cat ears perked out of her perfectly straightened light milky blonde hair, and a similar matching white tail swayed behind her in excitement for her long lost prey. She wore a black floral crop top with a pair of ripped blue jeans, yet she wasn't wearing any shoes due to how she had two back paws, each laced with sharp claws, instead of feet.

"Hello, Kattrine.." Katlyn replied, looking away, trying to pay attention to the papers in front of her, making sure to tightly hold onto her heart locket. She just hoped Kattrine would leave.

"Never thought I would run into you again after, well the incident at our old school!" she started, ignoring Katlyn, then moving her attention to Anneliese, "Oh! And who's this with the fabulous red hair?"

Please, leave!

"Hi! I'm Anneliese, nice to meet you!" She responded in her usual friendly tone, that's just how she seemed to greet everyone.