Deep Breath

A/N: I know, I've been updating a lot. What can I say! I'm extremely bored! And no one else is updating their stories. Update your stories!

ANDY

I watched her as she slept, stroking her hair. The last two days have been cripplingly difficult. There was a lot of crying, yet a lot of love. I put my sadness aside and comforted her. She needed it more than I did. Even so, Scarlet still managed to be the kind, sweet, and loving girl I fell for. It seemed like she was being extra caring, taking my feelings about the miscarriage into consideration. But when I wasn't in the room, I could hear her sobs. That was what hurt the most. It was like she didn't want me to see her so hurt.

My Snow White squeezed herself even more into my arms, pressing her head into my chest. I smiled slightly, the first genuine one in a while, and kissed the top of her head. Today, I planned on telling my parents. We agreed that they deserved to know. I would let her decide when she saw fit to inform the others.

"Andy," she asked, her voice filled with sleep.

"Yes, darling?" I had to refrain from calling her 'baby,' for a while. I noticed how uncomfortable she got whenever I said it.

"Hi."

"Hi there. What do you want to do today?" Scarlet pulled back a little, looking into my eyes.

"Stay here. With you. Is that ok?" Her arched eyebrows scrunched together, green orbs glittering with the hopes of approval.

"That sounds fine. It's almost noon; you've been sleeping a lot lately. Do you want to call my parents?" She nodded, getting out of bed. We hadn't been having sex, pretty self explanatory, but we had been sleeping naked. She seemed to be searching for any sort of warmth from me, and it worked.

Scarlet put on some undergarments and an oversized sweater, me following with my boxers and pajama pants. I grabbed her hand as we walked down the stairs, Scar picking up Bat and I Crow on the way. Even the cats knew something was up, constantly snuggling with us.

I set the two cats down, Scarlet laying down on the couch. I grabbed my phone and crouched down in front of her, dialing my moms number. She kissed my nose and laid back down. Instinctively, my hand went over her belly. As the phone was ringing, I asked, "does it hurt at all?"

"A little, but the pain meds make it better." I rubbed in circles over the area, never taking my eyes off of hers.

"Hello?" I head the voice of my mother on the other side of the phone ask.

"Hey mom! Is dad with you?" Scarlet gripped my hand tightly, and I could see the fear in her eyes. She must have seen mine as well, because I was just as terrified as her.

"Yes. What is it, Andy?"

"Put the phone on speaker." She mumbled an 'ok' and then a 'done'. I felt Scarlet's palm start to sweat. i didn't know how to say it. Do I come right out with it? Or- what?

"Andy? Is everything alright? Please tell me you didn't break up with Scarlet." I took a deep breath, about to say it to someone I loved for the second time. It wasn't easy. None of this was.

"No. It's not like that. How do I out this..... Mom, Dad, two days ago, Scarlet and I went to the hospital. She had a miscarriage." I heard my mother gasp on the other line and watched as the tears trickled down Scar's face. She looked.... relieved.

"Oh, God Andy. I'm so sorry," my father said. I padded away at the small droplets of water on her cheeks, not path attention to what my parents were saying on the other line. Her feeling were my top priority.