Jared in the Lush Store Cronching Bath Bombs

Jared's P.O.V.

As soon as we got to the mall, I grabbed Evan's arm and dragged him to the Lush store. I looked back at him to see him barely being able to keep up. I chuckled and kept going.

When we got to the store, I let go. I looked over at him, and- wait... Was he blushing? No, I saw wrong.

"Alright, come on." I ran into the store with him trailing behind hesitantly.

I picked out three bath bombs and paid for them, Evan shaking his head behind me.

After that we went to the food court, because Evan said we had to eat real food. Psh, whatever.

He told me what he wanted and I ordered for both of us.

"Thanks," he said sheepishly as I handed him his food.

"No problem."

We were walking to a table when he tripped. I reached out and caught him before he fell, somehow also keeping the food from spilling.

Hmm, I could sit here and be a flustered mess, or I could mess with him.

I smirked, "I know I'm hot, Hansen, but you don't have to fall for me."

I succeeded. His face was beet red as I helped him stand normally again.

"I-I-uh-thanks," he stuttered.

"Don't mention it," I replied, winking, which just continued to fluster him more.

When we sat down, I looked over at him, "You just really love the nickname acorn, huh?"

"O-oh, uh..." He looked down at his food almost... Sadly? I was worried I upset him.

"Hey, I'm just messing with you dude."

"Oh, yeah I-I know." He gave a smile that seemed way too forced, and I would know...

"Is something wrong?"

"It's just... When I broke my arm..."

Was it that bad? Did I upset him by reminding him of it?

"You don't need to tell me, but like if you want to or whatever you can. Either way, no more lies. If you don't want to talk about it, say that."

He nodded his head. "I... I kinda did lie a-about that..." He cringed slightly at his own words.

"What do you mean?"

Did he seriously already start lying to me again?

"About my arm... At the beginning of the year. I didn't fall out of the tree..."

"Wait, so was I right then?!" He smirked at him and laughed as his expression went from confused, to remembering to surprise. His eyes widened and his face was red again.

"NO! No that's not- no!" He put his head on the table for a few seconds. When he raised his head he sighed. With difficulty he forced out the words, "I... I didn't fall out of the tree... I climbed the tree... And I let go."

|
|
|

(465 words)