You Did What?!

Jared's P.O.V.

"I... I didn't fall out of the tree... I climbed the tree... And I let go."

"You... You tried to..."

No... He didn't!

I put a hand over my mouth.

He was staring down at the table, and he was shaking. Tears filled his eyes, and I had to blink back a few of my own.

"You could have... I'm here if you need to... Why didn't you talk to me or your mom or... someone?"

Of course he didn't talk to me, I'm awful to him all the time... Wait, was I one of the reasons? I never thought that he would try to do that...

"I-I'm sorry, I... I'm not going to do it again, I swear..."

I got up and sat next to him. "Don't apologize, just..." I debated whether or not to do it. What if he pushed me away or something. "don't do it again," I whispered as I put an arm around him and pulled him close to me in a side hug. I kept my other hand in my pocket.

He stiffened up and shock was clearly written on his face, but after a second he relaxed, making me less nervous.

"I won't," he whispered back.

And me, being the super awkward idiot that I am, let go of him and nudged his shoulder, smirking. "Good, cause I'd hate to have do all of this over again. I could not handle Alana by myself."

Welp, way to ruin the moment, Jare.

He chuckled a bit and rolled his eyes.

"So... do you not want me to call you acorn anymore?"

"No, it's fine, I don't mind. It's actually kinda cute, I thought, or, well, not cute cute, just like, cute as in adorable, like a little kid would be cute, not like you're crushing on me cute, but I'm not saying that you're not, but I don't think you are- wait that came out wrong. That's so weird, I'm sorry."

I stared at him blankly for a second before bursting into laughter.

"Dude, calm yourself. I got it, you like the nickname."

He giggled nervously and rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah, I mean, I guess so."

I shook my head and moved back to the chair I previously occupied to finish my food.

When we finished eating, I took Evan to Hot Topic. It was his first time going there, and I don't think it was his cup of tea. After that Evan dragged me through Claire's. He swore it was for revenge for forcing him to be in Lush and Hot Topic, but he seemed way too captivated by the jewelry for that to be true.

When we left Claire's, we headed back to my house. As a whole, the day wasn't too bad.

|
|
|

(469 words)