Coming Out... Mostly

"What do you think about the lgbtq+ community?"

Jared's P.O.V.

"Oh, um... W-what do you mean?"

What does he mean, 'what do I mean'? Wasn't it kinda self explanatory?

"Like, what's your opinion on it?"

"I-is this why you're being so nice to me? Are you just messing with me?" He began shaking slightly.

"Dude, what are you talking about? All I did was ask a question... " I looked at him concerned. "Do you like, need a paper bag or something?"

"I'm not hyperventilating!"

"You are having a considerable amount of trouble breathing."

"Why did you ask me that?" I couldn't tell what emotion he was feeling. Was he scared? Upset? At me?

Then I was worried, what if he didn't like me after this? I know I'm a jerk to him a lot, but he's my only family friend... Alright, he's my only friend.

"Because I wanted to know your opinion! What the heck is going on with you?"

He sighed and muttered, "Sorry... I just, I-I thought you were messing with me or something..." I looked at him in confusion, not really knowing what to say. I mean, I mess with him a lot, but I didn't know what he was talking about this time. He continued, "To answer your question, I-I support it.... Uh... What about you?"

"Well..." I felt almost sick with nervousness. He just said he supported it, so why am I so nervous? "I'm gay."

I swear, his eyes practically lit up. "Really?"

I nodded and laughed uncomfortably. "Do you still like me? I mean like-"

"Of course! I'll always be your f-family friend, no matter what." he smiled at me.

Gosh, I love that smile.

"Friend," I corrected, smiling back and hoping with everything in me that he wouldn't notice the slight blush that I could feel growing on my face.

Evan's P.O.V.

He called me his friend! we're friends! And he just smiled at me, like, not a smirk, an actual smile!

That's so adorable- no! Nonononono

My smile grew wider as I looked at Jared. "And actually, I'm Bi."

I saw the surprise written on his face, and my smile faltered for a second. I guess he could tell that I was nervous again, because his smile returned.

"That's cool!"

"R-really?"

"Totally, now let's head to the mall," he said, jumping up and grabbing his keys. His usual smirk returned to his face. "I'm out of bath bombs."

I groaned, "You cannot be serious?!" He was going to drag me back to Lush wasn't he? "That is so not healthy!"

"Too bad!" He cried, already out the door. "C'mon, Hansen!"

I shook my head and ran to catch up with him. I hopped inside the passenger side of his car and out my seatbelt on.

He started the car up. "Jared put your seatbelt on."

"Whyy?"

"Because it keeps you safe?"

"Fine," he sighed rolling his eyes. "But you shall never separate me from from my precious bath bombs." He grinned.

I facepalmed.

Jared's P.O.V.

I held back a laugh at Evan's response. I cranked up the radio and continued to smirk at Evan while keeping my eyes on the road.

I was celebrating on the inside. I was finally out to Evan! Mostly... Plus, he's Bi! So... Maybe there's a chance...

I glanced over at him and he smiled at me.

Maybe...

|
|
|

(570 words)