Blue Ocean

There has been a long time after that incident happened. New generations today might not even remembered but the elderly always told or rather scold them to never be near the shore, to never be near the surface, never interact with that forsaken creature known as human. Or more specifically the Merhunters.

But one mer has always secretly been to the surface admiring the bright and clear blue sky. Its not that he doesnt care about the humans, Azul has always known this. In fact he has lost his parents to the merhunters.
He resented the fact that he cannot do much to help save them.

He stays afloat,occasionally pats his face and body with water to stay dehydrated. He swishes his bright blue tail around feeling carefree. He remembers that time when he was just 5 years old, just went back from playing with his friends.

He went to their home. A medium sized cozy cave, with a large boulder at the side of it. Where corals with all different sizes and colours resides. He and his brother would always play hide and seek there.

He swims faster, or trying to,as his flipper are still small

He swims faster, or trying to,as his flipper are still small. When he arrives, he can see a large shadow on the cave a boat, and his home are rather quiet. So he rushes to the back of the cave, he startles to see that his brother was lying on the sea floor. Blood wafting everywhere. He rushes toward his brother.

"Brother, brother! What happened?! Where's mummy?" Azul shouted panickly.

His brother just groaned. In his grip, there is a broken spear. Then suddenly, a loud scream can be heard, azul quickly searches for it. He immediately finds his parents, then he spotted them, near the boat. He quickly rushes to them but was held back by someone. His brother.

"No! You cannot go there!..we must go hide now! There are merhunters everywhere!" Roxo held his brother.

"What about mummy and daddy?" Azul whimpers.

"Look! They are fighting too. They are strong and they told us to hide so that the merhunters will not find us" Both Roxo and Azul watches their parents above, before spotting 2 merhunters coming near the cave, they hurriedly hiding in the deepest part of the corals where only small mers can go into. Merhunters came near the coral where they hide. Both of them shivered in fear.

But then, the merhunters passes through near them. They waited for them to pass through and praying that they will not see where they hiding. Then, Azul yelped loudly as he was yanked out from the small cave he was in,his tail scraped to the sharp coral. Making him scream. Roxo was in shocked but he held onto his brother's body never wanting to let go,scrapping his hand in the process too.. He was punched by the merhunter and pulled away. His small mouth bleeds out as the result.

Suddenly a shriek can be heard from above, their mother come through the merhunters with a spear in his hand. Fighting both the merhunters puncturing the oxygen tanks making them need to go to the surface. Letting go of Azul, Roxo quickly grabs his brother to him,tightly hug him.
His mother then quickly grab hold onto one of the man, making him unable to rise up,gagging for air and then silent.

Mother then whipped his head around searching for his youngling. He rushes to them to examine them. He hugs them both, quickly ushers them to the their home. Quickly grabbing few kelp and homemade balm to cure the cuts and scrapping.

He purred softly to both of them to make them feels safe and not agitated anymore. After making sure all the cuts has been wrapped nicely, he then tucked both of them in the bed where there are soft algae and kelps.

"Azul and Roxo,be still in here okay,now don't come outside from here until dawn tomorrow! Roxo,make sure you take good care of your brother, and yourself," he then hugs both of the brothers tight."i love you both so much, here take these," he then give both of them his necklace and bracelet.

"Whatever happens, tomorrow makesure to go to your aunt zee,okay!...i need to help your father, please be safe both of you...i love you and remember, father loves you too!" He then hugs both of them, tucking them in blanket and left the room after taking a look at them both for the last time.

Both of the brothers hugs each other waiting for the dawn to come where everything can be peace and normal again with their parents.