(08)

ARIA HAD ENTERED the school half-way through the day since she had a basic health check-up

ARIA HAD ENTERED the school half-way through the day since she had a basic health check-up. She was walked past the reception and walked through the empty hallways considering most students were at their classes.

She halted in her steps once she realised what class she had; she had Philosophy. She hated that class and that boring old man. She rolled her eyes and turned on her heels and started walking towards the library. She loved the silence and it was way better than that class.

She could skip classes whenever she wanted. After all she was the Aria Arora, the girl who could destroy you within seconds. Even without her family background, she had the aura which would make you fear her and her eyes which would make you stop in your tracks.

The teachers never complained about her skipping lessons since she always nonchalantly aced every class, gaining the top scores without even studying for it.

She soon entered the library and there were some students in it but not too crowded. Their eyes soon landed on her as she sauntered past book shelves and finally stopped in the Mystery section.

Her dark eyes scanned every book as she gazed her fingers against the books, in search for a good book to read until lunch begins.

Her eyes finally settled on a book and she raised her arm so she could get a hold of the book but before her fingertips could reach to grab it, someone had already grabbed it.

Aria turned on her heels to look at the person behind her. It was not the giant who would tease her about her height and annoy the fuck out of her.

It was Carson Walker smiling down at her while she gave him a bored look.

"I didn't need your help." She squinted her eyes as she snatched the book from his hands while he grinned at her.

"It looked like you did," he chuckled at her.

"Well then you're blind," she rolled her eyes and was about to walk but he placed his hand on the shelf, blocking her from leaving. He soon kept his free hand on her other side, trapping her in between his arms.

"Not so soon Aria," he smiled at her as he studied her.

"Get out of my way before I kick you somewhere you're not going to enjoy." She narrowed her eyes at him.

She heard him let out a laugh, "You're still the same. I –."

"Get the fuck away from her." Both of them turned their heads to see Kade furiously marching towards them, jaw and fists clenched.

"Oh great. Prince Charming is here too." She muttered under her breath as she noticed Kade getting near her.

He pushed Carson back with a shove of his hand and pulled Aria towards him, his fingers gently wrapped around her wrist.

"I saw you entering school but you didn't come to class so I knew you were here." His sapphire eyes softly looked at her before they turned into his usual, cold glare as he looked over at Carson who was staring at her, "But I didn't know this asshole would be here too," he clenched his jaw.