With that the Inspector shook Manik's hand and left with his team. Manik turned to Abhimanyu. 

Manik : Tum yaha kaise aaye? I mean how did you know that we were here?

Abhimanyu : Just the way the Inspector got to know. 

Manik furrowed his eyebrows in question.

Abhimanyu : I mean mei farmhouse gaya tha. But waha ke watchman ne mujhse kaha ki Nandini behosh hogayi thi aur tum sab usse lekar hospital gaye ho. Toh mei bhi yahi aagaya. 

Manik nodded his head in understanding. He was about to go towards Mukti when Cabir questioned him.

Cabir : Tune hume Abhimanyu ke baare mei kal kyu nahi bataya Manik? 

That was the trigger for Mukti. All this while, she stayed silent but now her emotions overpowered her senses. She had felt betrayed the moment she got to know that Manik knew Abhimanyu was alive since yesterday. Two people, one who is the love of her life and the other one who she considers her best friend, had concealed the truth from her. The truth she deserved to know. The girl whose head was lowered until now, looked up. 

Mukti : Yeh kyu hume kuch batayega Cabir? Isse toh baatein chupane ki aur apne promises todne ki aadat pad gayi hai. 

Everyone turned to stare at Mukti. Her face was covered with tears. She felt a million emotions in that moment but the most overwhelming of them was anger. Manik walked towards her and kept a hand on her shoulder.

Manik : Dekh Mukti, tu jaisa samajh rahi hai vaisa nahi…

Mukti shoved his hand away from her shoulder. Her eyes were filled with fire. Manik gaped at her. 

Mukti : Mei jo ab samajh rahi hu woh sahi hai Manik. Aur tu sahi keh raha tha Manik. Nandini ki iss haalat ka zimmedar tu hi hai. Aaj teri wajah se Nandini iss hospital mei hai. Kyunki tu apne promises nibha nahi paata hai Manik. 

Saying that, she stormed out of the hospital. Manik staggered behind. Tears brimmed his eyes. Mukti's words were like salt to his already wounded heart. Was he really responsible for Nandini's condition? Was Nandini hanging between life and death because he failed to fulfil his promises? Tears flowed down from the corners of his eyes. 

Manik : Mei.. mei respon.. responsible hu. It.. It is all my.. my fault.

His words faltered. Abhimanyu kept a hand on his shoulder.

Abhimanyu : Manik, tumhari koi galti nahi hai. Please Mukti ki baato ko seriously mat lo. Usne yeh sab gusse mei kaha hai. She doesn't mean those words. Woh bas upset hai ki humne usse mere baare mei nahi bataya. Mei usse samjha kar lekar aaunga Manik. Woh samajh jaayegi.

Manik turned around to face Abhimanyu. 

Manik : Lekin usne kuch galat bhi toh nahi kaha. Sahi hi toh keh rahi thi woh. Mei hamesha apne promises tod deta hu. Aur aaj dekho. Meri wajah se Nandini iss haalat mei hai. Agar mei subah kahi jaata hi nahi toh yeh sab nahi hota. Maine Nandini se promise kia tha ki jab woh subah uthegi toh I'll be in front of her eyes. Lekin maine apna promise tod dia. Aur uski saza Nandini ko mil rahi hai. 

Abhimanyu peered at the others for help. Cabir blinked his eyes at him assuring him that they were here with Manik and he should go and look for Mukti. Abhimanyu smiled at him in gratitude and left in search of Mukti.

Cabir : Manik, Nandini ko koi saza nahi mil rahi hai. Usse kuch nahi hoga Manik. Tu please apne aap ko blame mat kar. Chal, aakar waha baith jaa. Hum sab hai naa, hum Nandini ko kuch nahi hone denge.

Navya : Haa Manik, hum Nandini ko bacha lenge.

Manik walked to the chair and sat on one of them. He shut his eyes in anguish and a fresh set of tears escaped his eyes. He placed his head in the cup of his palms. The others' hearts hurt at his state. But they didn't know what to do to take, if they could, any of his pain away. Cabir kept rubbing his back to provide some comfort.