Chapter 7

Chapter 7 : XP

~ This would have been posted earlier if wattpad wasn't being an emotional brat~

Rune Payton

Getting ready for school this Thursday may be the hardest thing I have ever attempted in my entire life.

Imagine having to go through your closet looking for the blue white striped high heels that go very well with this baby blue cardigan and white blouse. Then, after taking about twenty minutes, finding them in the corner right next to the ugly picture you framed to remind you never to rock climbing when it's snowing.

It takes another twenty minutes to curl and apply non makeup makeup. Then an unfamiliar number calls.

I pick it up, like not enough surprises this week already.

" Hello, may I ask who I'm speaking too?"

" Hi, it's Ocean."

Of course that prick would be calling right now.

" Why are you talking to me. Maybe you should try getting ready for school or mowing that untamed jungle you have outside." I spit.

He laughs, and it's a nice laugh actually. " Glad you care about me that much."

I roll my eyes. " Just, go on with your day and I'll try to avoid you until tomorrow."

I hear a sigh on the other line. " Might as well go to the hospital to check up on my mom."

I pause, I'm kept off guard for a moment. " Oh ... I ... I didn't know."

" Nah it's fine, maybe if you try to not avoid me then you might realize how cool I am."

" Well I guess I could take to you at lunch hour."

He makes a sound as if he just burnt himself. " Since I've completed most of my credits I only go to school three days, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Sorry Rune."

Although I shouldn't be, I feel kind of disappointed. "Well I want to get to know you more, so I guess I'll see you tomorrow. I hope your mom is okay."

" Thanks... Rune. That means a lot."

Then I hang up the phone and grab my backpack. Stopping to pick up the chicken wrap from Petey and get a hug. I yell bye to my parents, who aren't really here.

No, they're never really here.

Ocean Micheals

I'm stirring my cup of coffee. Waiting for my headache to pass. Waiting for something good to happen, again.

" Do you want anything else, honey." The waiter says. She smiling, although with my leather brown jacket and my Yankees cap on I must look pretty darn shady sitting here.

My stomach growls.

" What do you suggest Ms. Omaha?" I ask, smiling with my lips because my teeth need whiting.

" Here at Glenda's we've got the best chocolate chip strawberry pancakes in Manhattan. Also, I think you need a little bit of care so it's gonna be on the house." She says, before I can say anything, there's a plate of hot cakes sitting write before me.

" Thank you, you really didn't have too." I say.

Then she leans in, " I know someone special when I see them."

Then she walks away.

About ten minutes later I'm done and someone else comes to pick up for me.

" Excuse me, where is Ms. Omaha.?" I ask.

" Ms. Omaha, never heard of her. No one here was ever named Ms. Omaha."

Then I sit there, dumbfounded.

As if every thought I have suddenly makes since, and utterly doesn't.