36: She is Luna

As (Y/N) entered the field, her white dress ruffled with the breeze. All of the pack members standing for her as she and Lauren walked down the middle of them towards the willow tree.

As they passed them, pack members bowed their heads in respect, Camila, Dinah, Ally and Normani standing at the front with Laurens family as they smiled at them.

The pink skin of Laurens bite peeked out from the white material on (Y/N)s shoulder which she wore proudly, smiling at everyone as Lauren guided them forward.

Stopping under the willow tree, Lauren and (Y/N) bowed their heads to the Elders in front of them. Some smiled down at them, while some remained neutral.

"Please be seated." The oldest elder spoke. She was frail as she held onto her sons arm, smiling at him appreciatively before looking back towards Lauren and (Y/N).

"We are here today, under this beautiful willow tree, for the Luna Ceremony. Where we will not only accept (Y/N) as a member of the pack, but as our Luna, who will stand by our Alphas side and guide us into the future." She spoke, her voice clear over the field.

"Any objections are to be heard now and can be challenged by right, in the form of traditional sparing in the wolf form." She announced.

Wolves looked around, anxious to see if anyone would object to (Y/N)s leadership.

Gasps filling the clearing as Dinah stood up from her seat, Camila already rolling her eyes at her mate as Lauren frowned in confusion.

Dinah looked around for a moment before looking back to (Y/N) and Lauren, "well it doesn't look like anyone's objecting, let's get this show on the road!" She told everyone.

Lauren squinted her eyes at the Poly and let out a playful growl while pack members laughed at her shenanigans, Dinah taking her seat with an amused smile.

Camila hit her mates arm once she was seated again, Dinah feigning innocents as Betty chuckled. "If there are no other objections, let's more forward." She told everyone, clearing her throat.

"By the Moon Goddesses wished, we bring (Y/N) (Y/L/N) fourth into our pack and our hearts under this full moon. We open her minds to her and we open our arms welcoming her." She told the wolves.

Bettyturned, ushering her grandson over who held an old oak box covered in handmadecarvings. "I present you with the Jauregui's crest, handed down through eachgeneration to the Luna of the pack. May you wear this as lead us into thefuture beside our Alpha Lauren Jauregui." She announced, her grandson openingthe box, allowing Lauren to take it.

(Y/N) looked at the pendant in awe before turning around and moving her hair to her should for Lauren to clip it around her neck

Once secured, (Y/N) turned back to the wolves and stood beside Lauren and Betty.

Clearing her throat, Betty took a step forward as she dropped her sons' hand, "I present to you, Luna (Y/N) (Y/L/N) of the Moon Stone Pack!" She exclaimed, the wolves standing up and cheering.

Howls rippled through the rows of wolves like music to (Y/N) and Laurens ears, (Y/N) smiling widely as she turned to look at Lauren.

Lauren couldn't have been prouder for her little mate now. She had grown a lot since she'd found her.

She wasn't a pup anymore.

Smiling back at her Luna, (Y/N) lifted her head and let out a howl, Lauren following her lead as she threw her head back and joined their pack.

The moon shone above them, the howls music for the Moon Goddess as they celebrated their packs Luna and Alpha.

And if you asked the wolves of the Moon Stone pack, it was the brightest the moon had shone in years.

Finally, she was Luna.