ch 14; the Cupid

During the same day, Link is walking around in the domain.
Alone, since Zelda stayed in the bedroom with Sidon and was talking about the Zora species and their home.
He is feeling a bit nervous about talking with Siri.
She had told him to give her some space.
So, now, he is afraid that she will be pissed at him for being too pushy.
But, Cédric is hoping that Link will talk with her and see if she is interested in him.
And since Link wants to help everyone if he can, he wants to do it now too.
After having walking around in the domain he ends up outside the shrine and see Siri collecting shells from the sand around the water.
His heart skip a beat and the nervousness turns into something similar as anxiety.
Perhaps this was a bad decision? And he should turn around and sneak away.
He makes an attempt to turn around and half way, Siri notices him.
"What are you doing down here, princess?" She asks curiously and walks against him with her bosom filled with blue shells.
Link gasps silently and turn against her with a sheepish smile.
"Ehm, nothing special actually... I'm  just going around... and you?" He answers and let his gaze falls down on the shells she holds.
"What are you doing?" He asks with a tilted head.
Siris gaze falls down on the shells she has collected.
"I'm collecting hearty blueshell snails... when you eat them, your lost hearts will heals" She explains and gives him a gently smile.
"Oh right... when you mention it, I have experience the same thing with those shells" Link tells her and recognise the effect of eating those shells. The feeling of getting his life back.
Siri starts nibbling on her bottom lip thoughtfully.
Link jolts and remembers his intention to looking for her.
"Oh... do you know who Cédric is?"
Siri tilts her head confused.
"Cédric who?"
Link starts scratching his backhead.
"The blacksmith..." he explains.
Siri exhales understanding.
"Oh...yes princess, I know who Cédric the blacksmith is... why do you ask? Do you need his favours?" She asks curiously.
Link shakes his head.
"No I don't...ehm.. what do you think... about him? Link asks with the last two words in a nervous tone.
The female Zora with her bosom filled with blue shells drops her jaw.
"Ehm...I...I don't know actually... doesn't he seems some kind of...weird?" She asks and drops one shell and kneels down to take it up.
"Why do you ask?" She adds while she picks up the dropped shell and stands up.
Link shrugs.
"Weird how?"
Siri makes a face and is looking asking at him as she was bothered of the questions and wanted to get to the point of the conversation.
But soon she drops the face and sighs.
"I don't know... he isn't talking much and is staring at me from the distance as he wanted to ask me about something... isn't that weird?" She wants to know and is shifting the weight from one foot to the another.
Link starts smiling and shakes his head.
"Perhaps he is shy and want to ask you out?" He suggests which make her to wide her purple eyes surprised.
"....I...I haven't thought about that... And... I think you have wrong.."
Link raises his eyebrows.
"Wrong? How?"
The blue Zora shrugs.
" I have heard rumours he is gay..."
"Ahhh.." Link exhales and starts thinking about it.
"Perhaps he is Bi?..." he suggests and sees how Siri tilts her head.
Then he shrugs.
"I mean..." he starts saying and a wide smirk starts spreading on his face.
"He asked me if I could find out if you like him or not..."
Siri makes a movement with her arms as she wanted to hold them tighter, and with that, she drops every single shells.
"Oh noo..." She sighs and kneels down and starts picking up the shells again.
Link gasps and kneels down too, feeling guilty of making her dropping them.
"Let me help you..." he says and starts picking up the blue shells from the sand.
Siri gasps and shakes her head.
" No you doesn't have to, princess"
Link nods smiling.
"Yes I have to..." he says and picks up a shell and places it in his bosom.
Siri is looking ashamed down on the ground.
Link is examining her face and notice a blush on her cheeks.
His heart skip a beat and thinks she looks cute.
"Siri..." he asks with a soft voice and make her to jolt.
"Yes?" She asks with her eyes into his.
"Can I tell Cédric he can ask you out?"
Siri snorts and rolls her eyes.
"Well... if he wants to know if I'm interested into him, he must find out on his own..." She says and pick up one more shell before she stands up.
" If he isn't man enough to ask me out, then he isn't the right one" She adds and turn around with her back against Link who still is kneeled down.
Links lips parts a slightly.
Then he grins and picks up the last shells and stands up too.
"Sounds fair enough"
Siri chuckles.
"Yes..doesn't it?" She asks and is looking backward with a wide smile of happiness.
Link nods.
"I agree... you deserve the best" he says with a toothy grin.
Siri giggles.
"Thanks... can you help me taking those shells to the kitchen?"
"Of course" Link nods and starts follow her the second she starts walking.