Chapter 72

*Dylan's POV*

"Dylan!" Emmie screeched and I finally sat up. Immediately, I saw the girl holding up her crossbow at us and I grabbed my gun. I pushed Emmie behind me to protect her.

"I'd advise you to not shoot me. You might regret it later," she said. "I'll lower mine if you lower yours."

Without a word, I lowered my gun. She stepped out of the darkness that surrounded her. I was taken aback by her appearance. She had beautiful curly auburn hair that went below her shoulders. Her dark brown eyes started into mine, waiting for me to say something. By her clothes, I knew she had a camp. They weren't dirty, like they had been washed recently. I couldn't tell if she is dangerous or not.

"Dylan, she's talking to you," I heard Emmie whisper in my ear.

I snapped out of my daze.

"I believe I caught your name was Dylan?" She said.

"Ya," I replied.

"Who's that behind you?" She asked pointed to Emmie.

"You are not afraid to talk to stranger are you?" I asked.

"Why should I be? Your just a teenager and a kid," she seemed a bit too nice.

"A teenager and a kid with guns and knives," I said.

"I put down my weapon, so you put down yours. Sounds okay to me." Wow, this girl is brave. I could just whip out my gun and shoot her but she trusts me not to. "Who's the little girl?"

"This is Emerson, or Emmie. She my sister," I said. I think Emmie sensed somthing off about this girl as well because she leaned into my side, giving me a side hug. I rubbed her shoulder. "And you are?"

"Elena," she held out her hand. I hesitated before shaking it.

"Dylan, they searched the perimeter and-" mom approached us but stopped when she aw Elena. "Who is this?"

"Hi, I'm Elena!" She said and shock moms hand.

"Uh, this is my mom, Maggie," I said.

"Elena!" A families ruff voice called out.

A man stepped out of the woods. "Daryl!" Emmie squealed and hugged him. He did the awkward Daryl hug and she back up.

"Where's Glenn?" Mom asked.

"He's behind us, but you should know-" Daryl said with his head down. That's when I knew something was wrong. Something had happened.

Then, dad appeared out of the woods with a tear streak face. That's when I noticed the limp body in his arms. Not just any limp body, my baby sisters. I saw the bullet in her head and started to cry. Emmie screamed and fell onto the ground in my arms. She cried into my chest and I cried into her shoulder.

*Maggie's POV*

I saw Glenn walk out of the woods with a dead body in his arms. I stood in shock, not wanting to believe it. My pistol and knife slipped out of my hands and fell to the ground with a 'clunk'. Then I let out and scream. I stumbled over Glenn and took her little head in my hands.

I pressed my forehead to hers. "Please no, please no, don't do this to me please," I whispered.

I could barely choke out the words as I saw the bullet hole in her chest and her temple. "Did you?" I asked Glenn.

He couldn't even speak through his tears so he just nodded. He had to shoot his own daughter in the head.

I took her cold, fragile hand and pressed it to my tear streaked face. People started to gather around but I ignored their gasps.

"No," I cried.

||A/N||
Did I make you cry again?