Chapter 28: Promise me.

"Table for two," Louis smiles politely at the waiter. We were at a place called The Waterfront. The man leads us out onto the topmost floor of the restaurant, that looks out into the night sky.

"Your table sir," he says curtly, motioning towards a tiny, cozy table with a candle and a single rose in the center. "Would you like to try some of our signature wines? Or perhaps the Chef's special?"

"The chef's special?" Louis asks.

"Ahhh, si. It's a tender fetuccini with pomodoro and seasoned, stuffed tomatoes. Very delectable..." the waiter explains, in his spaniard accent.

"I'm up for it," he grins, "what about you Val?"

But I'm too busy staring deeply at Louis. "Val?" he calls.

"Huh? What?" I say loudly, snapping out of it. "I just asked if you wanted to try the chef's special," he says.

"Sure, Chef. Special. Yum. I mean...yeah okay," I stutter.

"We'll take some of that wine too," Lou chuckles, handing our menus back. "Of course sir," the waiter nods.

After he's gone, Louis turns back to me and smirks. "You were checking me out, weren't you?"

"NO!" I whisper yell, defensively.

"Yeahhh...you were!" he sticks his tounge out.

"Why would I check you out?" I shake my head at him. "Why wouldn't you? I'm so sexy!" he pouts.

To be completely honest, he was. He looked especially handsome tonight, even though he always does. He's perfect. He wore a white button up and black jeans. I couldn't help but drool a bit because his toned abs were visible through his shirt.

Get yourself together Valerie, you little shit.

"Okay Lou, whatever floats your boat," I smirk back. I turn away from him and look around me. This place is so beautiful. There's lights hanging everywhere and there's a beautiful view of the beach and water below.

"This place is stunning," I breathe out.

He reaches out to take my hand across the table. I realize that his gorgeous blue eyes are piercing through my own with an intense look.

 "See, now you're checking me out," I say, a little amused. 

"I know," he states, not breaking eye contact. I'm a little taken aback by his response. "Because my wife is so extremely beautiful."

I pull my hand away gently, and a blush creeps up onto my cheeks. 

"Val," he growls lowly, "your blush will be the death of me. I just want to do really dirty things to you everytime I see you blush."

"Oh my gosh, shut up Louis!" I squeal. 

He starts laughing, and so do I. 

Ten minutes later, our food gets here. "This....is like sex....on a plate," he exclaims, taking another bite out of the pasta.

"Okay, ew," I say at his comment, "but yeah it's so...damn good."

"So Val, it's been so long since I've actually talked talked to you," he starts, "What's been going on in your life since we...you know...stopped talking and stuff."

"Oh," I gulped, "Nothing much Lou. After high school, I just went to uni. Not much else. I haven't even finished my last year."

"What did you study?" he presses on.

"Literature and journalism. I wanted to be a writer," I explain, "it might sound silly, I know."

"No!" he smiles, "that's amazing, Val! I think you should definitely continue when we get back."