Chapter 30: Mr. Bastard

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to update. But here's a chapter, with cute Valouis scenes! :)

~~~~~~

It's been two weeks since our honeymoon, and I've barely said a word to Louis at all. There were the occasional glances at the dinner table, the way his stormy eyes met mine every time we made eye contact, and the smell of his cologne at night when he slept on the opposite side of our bed.

And here I finally thought things were patched up between us.

Why did I have to ask about Katie? If I hadn't asked, we'd still be the loving, perfect couple we were a few days ago.

The good news, however, is that I've decided to start writing again. After hours of pestering from Jen, I finally signed up for some writing classes at the uni.

"I start next week," I grin, picking at the ends of chocolate brown hair. It was sprawled against my shoulder in elegant beach waves.

"You know the boys have a tour coming up next month?

My face goes red. Louis was leaving already?

"I know, Simon told me," I lie. My heart ached just thinking about Louis leaving for four months. The house would be so lonely. My mum left on a trip to Romania with her elite friends, and soon Jen would leave for college. The only company I would have left were Marge, her lemon tarts, and my mum's cat, Waldo.

"Are you there, Val?" Danielle asks softly.

"Oh yeah, I'm here," I say, wiping the tears on my cheeks. I didn't even know I was crying.

Just then, I hear the low rumble of Louis's black Mercedes outside.

I just get off the phone with Danielle, as Louis walks in. He looks nervous, and looks at me with hesitation.

I glance back and look away, suddenly finding the sky blue polish on my nails fascinating.

"I'm sorry."

My eyes widen and I quickly turn to face him again. "What?" I ask, my cheeks a light shade of mulberry.

"Please don't make me say it again," he groans, and takes a step closer to me. I smile faintly.

Louis carefully places his hands on my waist, like he's scared of breaking me. Like I'm a helpless, porcelain doll. Pretty on the outside, but devastating when broken.

"Val," he says quietly, "I'm sorry." I nod and let him continue.

"This silence between us...it's killing me. I know what I did was wrong, I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. I'm dumb. I'm stupid. I'm a bastard," he sighs.

"Mhmm," I smirk, "continue Mr. Bastard."

He chuckles and pulls me closer. "I just get so frustrated sometimes. And then I end up hurting what matters the most to me. I'm so sorry," he breathes out.

My heart flutters hearing his sincerity.

"I forgive you," I smile, grasping the hems of his collared green shirt and pulling him in for a kiss. Our mouths move together slowly, and he slowly lifts me up as I wrap my legs around him.

"I love you," I says between kisses. I feel him walking up the stairs, pausing every now and then. But I don't open my eyes, because I want time to be stuck in this moment forever.

Before I know it, we're in my old room, and I can feel the lush silks of my comforter, as I stare up at Louis. He's rummaging through his pocket, and finally fishes out a small wooden box.

He walks back to me and pulls me up. "Here," he says, his eyes dancing with excitement.

Confusedly, I take the box and slowly open it. A tiny, silver locket hanging on a thin necklace is hidden away by the wrappings. It's shaped like a heart.

-Flashback-

"No way!" I squeal, "I love it!"

I'm holding up a beautiful, red scarf embellished in sequins and beads. It's a thirteenth birthday gift from Jen.

We hug and I go on opening the rest of my gifts. All of my closest friends are huddled around me, excitedly watching me open the rest of my stuff.

I finally end up with a small wooden case in my little hands. As I open it, I see something sparkle from inside. It's a gorgeous silver bracelet, and there's a note inside the box.

"l.t" it reads.

I scan the crowd for him, and spot him leaned against a tree near the fountain. He's grinning back at me.

I blush and look away.

-Present-

I stare down at the necklace for while. "It's something to match," he says.

He takes the silver band from me and moves my hair to one side. Then, slowly, he puts the locket around my neck, and kisses my shoulder. "I love you," I whisper, faced away from him.

His arms snake around my waist, and he starts kissing my neck. "I know," he says, and gently places me on the bed.

I don't even know whether I even should have forgiven Lou. But I love him. And I know that much.

But the thing is, I am made out of porcelain.