what you know.

TW: mentions of rape
national sa hotline: 800-656-4673
-
els pov:

"El!" I hear the young girl call out.

"What Holly?" I groan, being awoken from my nap.

"Someone is at the door." She whispers.

"So answer idiot." I laugh.

"I don't know who it is though.." my sister tells me.

I rise from my bed to see the inside of my bungalow. I bought it when I was just fifteen. Now that doesn't sound legal but I live in Hawkins so of course it's legal.

I've lived here for two, almost three years now because when I was fourteen I got pregnant with James Dantes baby. I told my parents and they kicked me out. James dipped, but at least my two siblings were supportive.

Holly, being three at the time didn't understand.
Will, my twin brother was over the moon. I haven't seen him in three years. My parents cut off anyway we can contact and moved his schools.

My mom actually was kinda fond of me having the baby, but my dad just saw me as a slut.
What I haven't told anyone is that I was drugged. It wasn't my fault.

I was going to keep the baby but during the second trimester I had a miscarriage.
No one was there to support me except my best friend Lucas.

*flashback*
-March 2020-

I got a soft knock on my door. I opened it to see my little sister Holly standing In the hallway.

"Oh my, Hello Holly?" I Say.

"Mom told me to give this to you." She said while walking right in.

I take the letter, still in a state confusion as I look to see many bags that Holly left in the apartment hallway.

"What the hell?" I mutter.

I open up the pink envelope to see a letter.
-

Hello Eleanor, It's dad & mom. As you can see Holly is at your house right now. We can't handle her at the moment so she will be living with you. We will take her again in 4 months or so, teach her better behaviour.
- M & D.
-
"Great at abandoning their kids since 2018" I sigh. I can't just kick Holly out, she's my sister. I have a job so I guess I could always feed one more mouth.

"What did the note say?" Holly says skipping into the room.

"Um, well you will stay with me for the next few months." I smile.

"Oh that's probably why dad gave me this." She snarls while pulling out a $6000 cheque.

"Holy shit." This is really happening.

-
"Lucas get your ass over here right now." I growl into the phone.

"What, are you pregnant again?" He jokes.

"No, but close!" I whine.

"What the hell? I'll be right there." He groans.