prom dress.

TW: bullying, slurs, anxiety

mikes pov

Today is May fifteenth and prom is in two hours.

I'm really nervous, for El.
The last time we were at a gathering like this, it was her birthday party.
We all know how that went.

I'm on my way over to El's house, she wants everyone to meet them there.

As far as I know it's me and El, Max and Lucas, and Will and Dustin are tagging along, i don't think either of them have dates.

Millie didn't tell what we are even wearing she just told me to bring my tuxedo, I haven't seen her dress or anything.

I pull up into her driveway to see Lucas's car, in assuming Lucas and Max are here already. 

I park my car and walk into the house, unlocking it with my key that El gave me. I was shocked when she gave it to me, that's usually what older couples do, but it is her house so I understand why.

I walk in and take off my vans.
"Mike?" I hear her voice yell.
"Yeah?" I respond. "Upstairs!" She replies. So that's where I go.

I walk into her bedroom, where 'What You Know' by Two Door Cinema Club is blaring from.

"Hey!" I smile as I give her a kiss on the cheek.
"Hello Mike." She looks at me.
"So how do you like purple?" She adds.

"It's okay..." I respond.
She pulls out a purple tie, handkerchief and then walk over to her bed and opens up a pair of purple high tops.
Jesus fuck.

I just laugh.
"Alright then! What does your dress look like?" I question.
"You'll see!" She gleams.

She seems really excited and I'm happy, I wouldn't want anything to ruin tonight for her.

We talk for about thirty minutes until she finishes her makeup.

"So what do you have left to do?" I ask.
"I just have to straighten my hair and put on my outfit." She replies.
"Hey, can you go see where the others are? And also is Dustin here yet?" She adds.

"Yeah, I'll go see." I respond.
I walk out of the room and go into the bathroom where Max and Lucas are getting ready. I think Max is putting hairspray in her hair as Lucas is trying to figure out his tie.

"Hey beautiful!" I say walking towards Max and then swerving her for Lucas.

"Okay, rude." She scoffs as she puts her earrings in.

"Is Dustin here?" I ask the pair.
"Yeah, i think he is in Wills room." Lucas says.

"Oh, ok." I nod as I walk out.
I head towards Wills room and the door is locked, I knock but there is no answer.

I hear 'She's So High' by Tal Bachman blasting, so I open the door to make sure he is okay.

All I see is something I wasn't expecting to see, like I really wasn't expecting it.

It's Dustin and Will kissing.

"Oh!" I gasp closing the door.
The last thing I see is Wills head whipping around.