Harper, who had been feeling sympathetic that day, made a promise right then and there. It wasn't anything discernably epic at all. "I work at Moonstruck Diner," Harper began somewhat nervously as their eyes focused on her. "I work the closing shift on Sunday, come in like 5 minutes before and I can get you guys free milkshakes." 

Jake gave her a small smile and nodded. Meanwhile, Quil, who had a sweet tooth, acted like she put the sun in the sky. Sputtering out a response before Jacob flicked his nose and that seemed to be enough. "Yep, we'll be there."

Sage turned to look at Harper accusatorily. "How come I never get free shakes?" She asked in a hushed whisper. 

A small smile toyed on Harper's face as she shrugged. "First of all, you do. Secondly," she gestured to the amused boys, "they look like sad puppies, what was I supposed to do?" Sage rolled her eyes and pouted for the remainder of the lunch period while a conversation was struck up about Harper's mess of a car. 

"I still can't believe she told you to piss off?" Paul said with a chuckle after Embry had informed Kim of what had happened yesterday.

"What was she supposed to say?" Kim asked rhetorically. "Thanks for messing with me, here have a cupcake," she joked. 

Embry put his head in his hands. "God, I wish!" His words were muffled but it was enough to elicit chuckles from the three. 

"Embry, what you have to do is-" Paul caught Jared and Kim's apprehensive looks. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Kim winced and looked to Jared while shaking her head. Her boyfriend sighed and turned to Embry and Paul who sat opposite them. "Look, Paul. You are a great guy, but like your charm only works if you want to get a girl on a date or in like a bed or whatever. Not to seriously date."

Embry's eyes were wide while Paul shrugged and dug into his food. "Fair enough," he mumbled out. 

"Wait wait wait, what?" Embry rushed out earning confused looks from the three juniors. "I'm not trying to get her to date me," he explained aghast. Like that would be the worst thing to happen. "I'm just trying to get her to not hate me."

Kim looked at him in disbelief but didn't push it. "That's stupid," Paul said bluntly. 

"You're stupid," Jared retorted. Embry let out an exhausted laugh. Jared turned to him with furrowed eyebrows as did Paul and Kim. "You're stupid too."

"Hey!"

"No, he's right. You did a bunch of shitty stuff to Harper, think it's not your fault, regularly call her skunk and smartass," Paul said with a shrug. "Which isn't wrong," he mused. Jared nodded at this.

"Thank you, Paul," Embry said crossing his arms.

Kim looked between the three and shook her head. "Oh, my God. You all are hopeless."

Sage and Harper had left the cafeteria early. Harper rushing to her locker with the excuse of, "If I don't have this book Cara will actually kill me." It wasn't a lie, but she didn't not have an ulterior motive. As Harper swapped out her books she looked to Sage. "I completely forgot to text you about it but Eli told me that Mike's having a party, tonight. You wanna come?"

Sage pretended to mull it over before swatting Harper lightly on her arm. "Of course I want to come, you dunce!" Sage than looked at Harper with a coy smile on her face. "Eli, huh?" She teased.

"Oh, for the love-"

"You two have been getting closer," Sage informed with a shit-eating grin. The girl was enjoying how uncomfortable Harper was.