Preparations

I clamp my hands over my ears, letting out a dramatic groan as Oswald and Edward belt out the same song they had sang many since I was brought here. "For my motherrr looks overrr meee" they finish off, giggling. I remove my hands from my ears.

"Finally" I roll my eyes

"What the hell" a groggy voice comes from a previously unconscious Jim Gordon, who is now sitting up on Edward's bed. All three of  our heads snap to the detective, who looks around like a lost puppy.

"At last, how are you feeling?" Oswald asks, limping over to Jim's bed with a grin.

"Not so good" Jim grumbles, he looks behind Penguin with a questioning expression "Nygma?" He says, Edward leans back from his piano chair.

"Hi" he smiles with a little wave, Oswald and I giggle a little at Jim's confused expression. His head snaps to the sofa I'm currently lying on and his jaw falls.

"Is that... is that Sage Stoke?" He mutters, blinking at me and rubbing his head in confusion. I offer a small wave, wiggling my fingers

"Heya Jimbo" I say with a grin

"Long story. They're friends of mine" Oswald interrupts explaining to a gaping Jim, who seems to take a while to process it.

"Friends" he repeats, bewilderedly

"Your welcome by the way, no thanks needed, saving your life and all" Oswald continues on sassily, I smile at his sarcastic tone.

"Yeah, thanks I guess"

Oswald leans forward to the man, speaking in a lower voice "no really, what're friends for" he grins. I sit up, observing Jim's expression as Oswald continues "you got beat pretty bad-"

"Galavan's a pistol, isn't he?" I butt in, quite bitterly

"Yeah, he is" Jim mumbles, glancing at me and standing up with a limp.

"Your free to go of course Jim, desperate fugitive of the law though you be... but I beg of you," Oswald says rushing towards the man "sit and consider" Jim turns to him slowly. "We share a bond in Theo Galavan" Oswald continues, gesturing to me. I nod in agreement as the penguin continues "a passion, If you will"

"If there was ever a time for us to work together, it would be now" I add in, Penguin purses his lips nodding. Jim looks between us.

"Fine. But I have conditions"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Penguin's henchmen move around the room, loading guns and making preparations. I pick up a shotgun, aiming it at one of the men with a mischievous smirk. The henchmen freezes, eyeing me nervously. "Sage! put the gun down and behave yourself" Oswald scolds from behind me.I lower the weapon with a scoff just as there is a knock at the door "Gabe get the door" I order the large man who huffs but moves towards the door, not happy I get to tell him what to do.

I cock the gun, turning my head to the door as it slides open, revealing Lee Thompkins. She looks around, her eyes widen when they lock with mine. She moves forward cautiously, I look her up and down as she stares straight back at me, Jim suddenly jumps between us grabbing her arm and leading her to the side. "Lee. I need to get you out of town" he tells her

"What the hell are you doing?" She yaps back, I purse my lips at her whiny tone.

"Penguin has a reliable man that can take you upstate" Jim continues, ignoring his girlfriends whines. "Things are going to be unsettled here for a while"

"Unsettled?" She scoffs

"Yeah. We're going to take down Galavan" I interrupt blankly from behind Penguin, her eyes widen and she turns to Jim again

"Are you out of your mind!" She chides, I cock my head at the woman's rudeness

"Miss Thompkins, I can assure you-" Penguin begins but Jim holds up a hand cutting him off.

"He has to be stopped, Lee" Jim explains

"By you? And these people?" I bite my lip, sighing in frustration at the woman's rudeness.

"He has to be stopped" Jim insists

"You keep trying to kill yourself, have I got you all wrong are you just crazy?"

"Of course not" Jim scoffs

"Your on the run from the law. You want to attack the mayor with the help of a depraved sociopath and a 17 year old pyromaniac" she rebukes

That was it for me, I side step Oswald and storm forward towards the woman  "I don't know who you think you-" I snap. Oswald grabs me, pulling me back and shaking his head, I huff.

"We can hear you" Oswald says with casual irritation

"Shhh don't speak" she retorts, I ball my hands into fists and shake my head in disbelief, biting down hard on my tongue to stop myself kicking off.

"Jim, Don't do this. Let's get out of town, I don't care what you've done already or what you have to leave undone let's just go"

"I can't" Jim protests

"Jim please" she begs, her tone getting more desperate

"I can't I can't let Galavan win this way"

"I'm pregnant" she blurts, my jaw drops. Penguin sighs beside me, rolling his eye and shaking his head. Jim is lost for words.We all stare blankly at the woman.

                        ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

   I shiver at the nippy cold as I step outside to join Jim, he had went outside for some fresh air after Lee had told him the news and hadn't returned. He didn't look at me when I arrived beside him, instead he kept his eyes on the sky. "Your a dad now huh?" I say quietly, the man sighs.

"I guess so"

"You scared?" I ask him, he blows out air

"I am" he admits quietly, I smile softly at the detective.

"Your gonna be great, don't worry. Better then mine anyway" I laugh, he flashes a half smirk, his eyes still remaining on the sky. A train rattles loudly down the track beside us, lighting up the dark street.

"Sage you don't have to come with us. I mean your 17 years old your still a kid-"

"Things changed when Jerome died Jim, I have nothing to live for and nobody to loose" I interrupt calmly. When Jim says nothing I turn to go back inside before he tries to talk me out of what I had to do.

"Sage" I hear him say as I reach the door, I turn to face him. "How did you trust someone like Jerome Valeska so easily" he asks quietly. I pause for a moment.

"J was never really the problem" I tell him, turning to face him "he was the first person to ever really care about me and the only person to understand me." let out a sad sigh before continuing "Theo Galavan took him away from me"

   Jim stares at me silently with a look of sympathy. I can tell he didn't know what to say so I speak up for him "Your a good man Jim. You shouldn't have to loose someone you care about because of Theo Galavan" I say, referring to Lee, I know how much Gotham needs Jim Gordon. I also know how much loosing someone you love can change you, how much it changed me. Gotham couldn't afford to loose it's only hero.