*five*

When I come to the first thing I notice is the feeling of cool metal on my back. I open my eyes and lift my head, a warm sleepy feeling still lingering in my body. In front of me is a large glass window showcasing what I assume is Gotham city. Suddenly I realised I was strapped down to an up right dolly, I look to my left to see the little skinny man, still out cold with his head leaning back in an uncomfortable position and Barbara beside him just waking up, turning my head to the right I see Jerome, Greenwood and Sionis taking in their surroundings. A slight relief washes over me.

"What the hell is this place" I hear Greenwood groan

"it ain't Arkham anyhow" Jerome replies, he looks at me with a smirk and a wink "things are lookin up"
I blush slightly dropping my gaze to the floor, although Jerome had been nothing but nice to me but he have an intimidating sense to him.

"Welcome everyone" My head snaps to see a smart looking man, he wears a suit and his hair is gelled smartly back. He stops right in front of the group, standing tall and proud, he radiates authority.

"My name is Theo Galavan and this is my sister, Tabitha" a tanned girl with a slick black pony tail dressed in all leather strides into the room. The boys begin to hoot and murmur, I allow myself a quick glance at Jerome through the corner of my eye to see if he had been too, a tight feeling of jealousy in my chest but to my relief I find that his lips where straight line, he steals a quick glance at me before turning back to Theo.

    Theo holds a hand up to silence the boys  and begins to pace in front of us "I understand your feeling confused, scared, a little groggy but please, relax.Today is the first day of a wonderful future for all of you" he says "if you want"he adds eerily.He makes his way along the line inspecting each of the inmates, I shuddered slightly as he reaches me. He's confident and he definitely knows how to give a speech, but something isn't right, none of this makes sense.

Barbara pipes up with the question we've all been wondering "who are you" she snaps, his attention leaves me to look at her.

"well now the question is who are you?" He paused, looking at Jerome who stares back with admiration. "the world sees criminal lunatics... I see brilliance" He begins, making his way over to Barbara "I see charisma and power" not me I thought to myself I don't have charisma or power. Theo stops again, this time in front of Barbara who looks him challengingly in the eyes. "I see power" he repeats quieter this time.

"yes! Exactly, my man" Jerome butts in, breaking the awkward pause "that is so spooky. That is me to a T. These other bozos..." he nods to either side, giving me a cheeky wink "uh I don't know, but your singing my song" he grins at Theo who seems impressed.

"Quiet Jerome" Sionis spits, rolling his eyes at the young ginger "keep talking" he nods at Theo.

I lean my head back slightly, my neck had been sore from the position I had been stood in.

"Imagine a group of outlaws, like yourselves each selected for a unique ability all working together as a team imagine the synergy. Imagine the impact. Gotham would tremble before you" this catches my attention, what 'unique abilities' could we have that this man could possibly be aware of?

"while that sounds fabulous, I'm not a brilliant outlaw I just have... hmm... issues" Barbara smirks causing me to snap out of it.

"I'm not crazy either" I blurt out, I cringe at my choice of words but a smile finds its way into Theo's face.

"You have ferocity and beauty and desire and that's enough" Theo tells Barbara before turning to me "and you have youth, and anger, and passion. Women in themselves are a weapon against us men" he tells me his eyes flickering to Jerome who seems to be grinning proudly, Theo doesn't seem so impressed with him now.

       Theo turns back to Barbara, looking at her for a moment. He reaches up and puts a hand on her chin "come with me Barbara, anything you want in the world, it's yours" he tells her, I shift awkwardly feeling as though I was interrupting something by just being here.

"Theo? That's your name right? Theo." Sionis barks, I find myself smiling mischievously at his obvious jealousy. "Your getting way ahead of yourself here, first of all keep your hands off her. Second, this whole "magic team"? I gotta pass. I don't take orders" my smile drops as I notice the sister, Tabitha shaking her head slightly in the back, grinning. "Good luck on everything though, it's an intriguing concept."

My eyes are glued to Theo as he frowns, hovering in front of sionis.

"this is very disappointing" he says dangerously, shaking his head in disapproval

"ohhh fair play. You want a reward for busting us out of arkham. I'm grateful. How's a million bucks sound? Pretty good? I can get it for you today as soon as I hit the street" Theo's scowl doesn't change.

"moneys not the concern, I had such high hopes for you. I didn't anticipate sexual jealousy, that always poisons the well" he says glancing at Tabitha with a mock sigh. I try to catch Jerome's eye but his attention remains on Theo. "You have to go. Tabitha will see you out" Theo says as Sionis is unstrapped.

     He straightens his shirt causally,  "Ms Kean is coming with me" he announces as he begins to walk, I silently hope Barbara disagrees, I didn't want her to go she was my only friend other then Jerome and I didn't feel comfortable being the only girl.Then I see Tabitha and my breath catches in my throat.

"Oh she doesn't want to go where your going" Theo growls as the whip wraps around Sionis' neck, he's flung back and Tabitha takes out a knife, stabbing him repeatedly. Jerome laughs a loud and sinister laugh, I however, close my eyes as the blood splatters everywhere. The sound of the knife cutting through his flesh making me wince, blood splatters over my face and I hold back A gag. "anyone else want to leave?" Theo asks sarcastically causing me to exhale sharply, this would not end well.