I physically can't breath. And for some reason, he doesn't move. Not one inch.

After what feels like years, the breath in my lungs rushes out, my heart starts pumping blood again and my mind clears from what felt like thick fog. I clear my throat, pushing myself off of him and taking a step towards my friends who are now quite ahead.

Turning my head over my shoulder, I give a friendly "Thanks," before rejoining my group and getting lost in a conversation with Naomi and Eli, who are still bickering over whether she should have worn heels tonight.

But something I can't get out of my mind is what I saw when I looked over my shoulder. Leo was standing there, still as a statue, his piecing green eyes locked with mine, something I've never seen before written all across his face.

And something else that was for certain - he wasn't breathing.

- - -

There are many campfires dotted around the camp, an unwritten rule that once you're group has found one, you are the only ones that get to use that spot. The one we have essentially 'claimed' is completely out of sight, so we have no problems with annoying 13 year olds who argue that they found the campfire first.

The pit is already made up, so all we need to do it light the fire. Everyone takes a seat on the wooden logs around the fire and Eli pulls out a lighter from his pocket.

He sets fire to a piece of paper sticking out from the stack of wood lying in front us. It sets alight quickly and is picked up by the wind, catching onto the pieces of wood. A circle of grey stones have been placed around the fire to contain the flames.

The night is warm, a slight breeze rustles the tall trees. The fires haze gives off a small heat, cracking and spitting as it burns the wood.

The moon appears above the lake, giving off a shimmering blanket to the dark water. Small chatter starts up, the group talking about how they found unpacking and what is going to happen this summer.

Jax steals Alisons phone and she starts hitting his arm to make him give it back. She wines and pleads up at him him, before he gives up with a reluctant smile and hands it back.

"Stop flirting you two." Naomi chimes in looking at the blushing girl and the tall sitting younger boy. Alison goes a bright red and looks down at the floor shyly, a small smile on her lips. Jax tells her to shut up and they start arguing over something.

I've never really seen Alison and Jax as a couple, but now that I think of it, they would be cute.

Jax needs someone calm and sensible to manage his bouncy childish self, Alison would be a perfect anchor for him. And Ali needs someone to bring her out of her comfort zone, someone that can show her that having fun isn't always as scary as it seems.

I lean into Will's side and he looks down at me, his dark blue eyes sparkling in the moonlight. I reach my hand up to his blonde hair and wrap my finger around a lock of it, twirling it around in my grip.

He playfully grabs my hand, silently telling me to stop and pecks me quickly on the lips.

"So," Will starts, looking over at Leo who is sitting on the the log opposite us by himself. "What this about you not doing girlfriends Jordans?" He asks slowly and I bite my lip gently, knowing this is going to be difficult.

Leo sits up, putting his phone in his leather jacket pocket and then removes the piece of clothing. His arms taunt as he slips the jacket free from his biceps and places it onto the ground next to him.

He looks dead at me as he replies.

"Too much effort and after a while they get boring." He seems completely unfazed as he says it, his eyes flick from me up to Will and then out to the lake.

"So you've never had a girlfriend?" I ask, raising my eyebrows in disbelief. Okay, I understand not wanting to spend more than an hour in this boys company, but come on.

There's no way he's never had an actual girlfriend.

"Like I said, never had one." He replies simply, keeping his eyes on me, as though he's looking for a reaction.

I smile, "Well I for one, think boyfriends are pretty cool." I glance at Will and before I can say anything else, he grabs me by the waist and pulls me onto his lap.

I squeal and bury my head into his shoulder, my legs sideways across his lap, holding onto his broad chest tightly to stop myself from slipping off.

He begins to leave a trail of kisses down my neck I smile softly and close my eyes. "Hmm." I smile pressing my lips together, titling my head to the side to reveal more skin for him.

Naomi and Alison both laugh, looking over at me for a second before going back to their conversation, Jax pretends to gag and I flip him off still smiling.

I laugh and sit up in Wills lap, lightly pushing him off from my neck. I turn my body so I'm sitting facing the camp fire, Will closes his legs to make it more comfortable for me. I lean back into his chest and he wraps his arms around my body.

My eyes wander over to look at the dark haired boy watching us, something flashes through his eyes as I catch him staring.

For a second I think I understand what he's trying to say - but I ignore it.