𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆.

Start from the beginning

The boy watched as no one was near the Big House and got an idea, grabbing the girl's hand before dragging her towards the structure. She clumsily followed and they both ran with blood roaring in their ears.

As they ran through and up he stairs, Ariadne realized she had never been in the attic or seen the Oracle before. As Percy pushed the trap door open and helped her in, she noticed how dark and dusty it was.

Junk was cluttered inside the room. War shields with monster bites out of them, some covered in burn or scratches. Swords were bent into the shape of daemon heads. A bunch of taxidermy, like a stuffed harpy and orange python.

By the window rested a shriveled mummy in a hippie tie-dye dress, it sat upon a three-legged stool. The brunette watched as Percy stepped towards it, as if waiting for something.

"Hi," he said. "Uh, what's up?"

It felt cold in the attic, maybe because it was winter but the room had a large fire in it, nothing made sense to the girl.

"I have a question," Percy spoke a little louder. "I need to know about Annabeth. How can I save her?"

There was no answer. Sunlight slanted through the dirty window, illuminating the small dust balls that floated around and Ariadne's necklace which was still empty around her neck.

Percy seemed to grow frustrated, "All right. Fine. I'll figure it out myself." He turned before bumping into a big table of souvenirs. Heroes stores all kinds of things there, she knew that Luke had stored the dragon claw which gave him his scar up there. A broken sword that read: This broke and Leroy was killed. 1999.

She noticed a silk pink scarf with a label attached, she picked it up before reading the tag:

SCARF OF THE GODDESS APHRODITE RECOVERED AT WATERLAND, DENVER, CO., BY ARIADNE PHOENIX AND PERCY JACKSON

"Percy," she said. He walked over and stared at it, seeming to have forgotten about it. The brunette had herself, never knowing how Annabeth got it from her. The girl had taken it from Percy on their first quest and told him no love magic, it was dangerous for him.

Annabeth stored it up here for an odd reason, all of them assumed she threw it away. The corpse across from them hadn't moved, and it looked as if she was smiling at them through the dark. The brunette did not like the attic, not one bit.

Percy seemed to drop the scarf and walk away, and the brunette threw it a glance before leaving it behind and following the boy.

Ariadne and Percy stood on the deck of the Big House while snow fell onto the ground, both of them having no plan. Annabeth was the brain of the operation, and without her, it didn't work.

Ariadne Phoenix and Percy Jackson were more lost then they had been since their first quest, and they both hated that feeling.

***

     DINNER WASN'T EXCITING UNTIL IT WAS OVER. A capture the flag game was on the move and heading towards them all, and they were prepared. Thirteen Hunters were playing, so it would be a small game. And luckily, there were about thirteen campers who were able to play as well.

Zoe seemed upset she was being forced to play, throwing hateful glances at Chiron. Ariadne thought it was because he wouldn't let her go after Artemis who she had a dream about, but the brunette was ready to crush them.

Lately, the Hunters has been getting in her nerves. Earlier after her and Percy parted ways after the visit to the Oracle, she was surprised to see a few Hunters outside Dionysus cabin. They were laughing in a huddle before stepping back to show that they had carved their names into the wood with a few arrows—Ariadne was beyond pissed.