Ch.06: Galuna (Part 4)

Crocus, widely known as the Flower Blooming Capital, is the capital of the Kingdom of Fiore as well as the largest city in the kingdom, with a vast amount of buildings in a circular formation around the palace of Mercurius and the city walls as far as the eye can see.

The Capital of Fiore is located in a vast valley surrounded by rocky mountains of small-to-mid height separated from the town by hills and there is a small river not far from Crocus. The eastern part of the city is flanked by a small cliff.

Right next to this river, there is a large mansion with white walls and the roof made of reddish shingle. The garden was surrounded by a high white wall and a wrought iron gate marked the entrance.

The garden was well maintained, with multicolour flowerbeds and a wooden gazebo was placed in a corner of the perimeter where a bit of shade beat. Under the gazebo there are a small wooden table and some chairs.

Here, a young woman could be seen sitting on one of these chairs enjoying the beautiful weather. The girl has long blond hair like ripe wheat that stretched to the waist and green eyes that look like two emeralds. She wears a red shirt with a golden cross printed on it, tight jeans, and leather boots. She also wore a gold ring ring to her left ring finger.

"Lady Mordred," a female voice called.

Mordred Pendragon, Knight of the Round Table, and illegitimate "son" of King Arthur. At the same time, the one who ended the glorious legend by killing her "beautiful father" in the Battle of Cammlan.

However, that was the past. She was no longer obsessed with extracting Caliburn from the stone after she discovered that she had a younger brother who accepted her as a person despite being a Servant and recognized her merits.

Mordred turned to see a young woman with silver white hair and ruby red eyes. She wears a typical maid's dress consisting of a black dress and a white apron.

"You have a visitor," she announced.

"Let it pass," Mordred said.

The maid leaned slightly before going to call the guest. A few moments later, she returned followed by a man who left Mordred surprised.

He was a man with long white hair that almost touched the ground and purple eyes. He wears a finely woven white tunic with floral decorations over a black tight knit, wide black trousers with gold trim and black leather shoes.

"I thought you were finally dead..." Mordred said sarcastically, "... Merlin"

Merlin, the Magus of Flower.

The vagrant of the paradise. The court mage, advisor and prophet that appears in Arthurian legends.

He would at times guide, at times torment and at times help so that she could overcome many enemies and hardships.

However, even as a wise man he is fundamentally inhuman, born of the union of an Incubus and a human woman.

"Ahahah..." Merlin laughed forcefully, "I missed you too, Lady Mordred"

Mordred made a grimace annoyed by his childish attitude. "I imagine you're here for a reason," she cut short in the hope that Merlin would leave her property as soon as possible, "speak quickly"

"Why do you always have to think that I want something in particular...?" Merlin tirelessly said as he pulled out of the sleeve of his tunic a copy of the Fiore Times, the newspaper that reports all the news about the Kingdom of Fiore. "Go to page twenty," he pointed to the newspaper.

Mordred picked up the paper from the table and watched it closely. She opened it and swiftly scrolled through the pages until she reached the page indicated, which contained an article. Mordred then began to read: