Ch.43: King of Dragons (Part 5)

For 400 years, Angra Manyu had planted his cursed seeds.

Distinctly, Auros could recognize some of them. They were dragons belonging to both factions who fought during the troubled period that was the Dragon King Festival. Old friends, rivals and enemies who were now being possessed.

For 400 years he waited patiently for their fruits to bloom.

They were dragons that had been killed by Acnologia for 4 centuries and Zero had brought back to life through the magic that Zero had access to through Brain's knowledge. It was a magic that the late Dark Wizard learned when he was still the head of the Magic Development Bureau.

"Grrr!" Auros growled furiously, as he watched with a mixture of contempt and pity his kins.

Once upon a time, they were living creatures. Regardless of which faction they came from, they were all dragons. For Auros who still had his pride, this was an affront that would not leave unpunished.

"You!" Auros growled pointing to Zero. "Although these dragons and I may once have been enemies, I will not let you further taint their pride!"

Zero smiled. Intimidation wouldn't have worked.

Yuto carefully observed the situation and was certainly not optimal. The enemy was several times more numerous than them and could not exclude that Zero had given them some boost as an instant healing that bordered on immortality.

At this rate, they would have been defeated. Moreover, those who could hope to face a dragon were him, Mordred, his mother, and Irene on the ground, Shirou and the Knights of the Round Table who were on the Magic Bomber.

"They must be contained." Yuto knew that he could not allow evil dragons to fly freely around otherwise they would bring ruin and death everywhere. The memories of the Dragon King Festival were already horrible, and he had no intention of adding any more.

"Do you have a plan?" Auros asked.

Yuto grinned. He turned to Archer and nodded.

-------------------

"You like to give orders?" Archer grinned contemptuously. "Well, it is not that there are many other options."

There was no need to use too many words to understand what was to be done in that situation. Even with all the experience gained as a Counter Guardian, those in front of them were dragons, superior creatures whose presence was a danger to mankind.

"I am the bone of my sword."

Everyone turned to him and noticed that it was the same chant that Yuto used a few times. But Artoria knew it was the same one that Shirou used too.

"Steel is my body and fire is my blood."

During the Fifth Holy Grail War, Archer was probably one of the most difficult opponents to defeat. His identity was shrouded in mystery and so was his abilities.

"I have created over a thousand blades."

The years after the end of the Fifth Holy Grail War, however, Artoria increasingly noted that Shirou and Archer were similar. Their Tracing and appearance were very similar.

Although indirectly, Artoria understood the identity of the nameless archer.

The Throne of Heroes was disconnected from time and space. It was the place where past and future heroes gathered as well as heroes from alternate worlds and different timelines.

"Unknown to death, nor known to life."

Unlike Shirou Emiya, Archer was a man who pursued his ideal to the end. He had been betrayed by many and in the end, he was also betrayed by what he believed in.