Between the Lines

"This is for you, Master," Mirajane said by handing a paper to Makarov.

Master Makarov was a master who cared more about the members of his guild than anything in the world. For this reason, he did not stand still, waiting for his "children" to return safely from the mission. Instead, he had asked an informant who had infiltrated the Council of Magic to gather as much information as possible about the members of Oracion Seis and especially his master.

Makarov grabbed the paper and sighed wearily after reading it quickly but carefully. As he suspected, there wasn't much about Brain and the other guild members.

"It seems that Brain was the head of the Bureau of Magical Development," Makarov said, as he put the paper on the table. His features hardened as a serious expression visibly marked his face.

Mirajane stopped doing what she was doing and looked at the master with a worried expression.

"Really? So he wasn't one of the victims of that accident?" she asked.

There had been an accident a long time ago. The Bureau had blown up and everyone who worked there died, or so everyone believed. At that time, the authorities sent to investigate had attributed the incident to one of the many dark guilds located in Ishgar.

"You know what I think? I think he caused that explosion that killed hundreds of researchers."

"Why would he do such a thing?" Mirajane asked.

"It seems that he was initially conducting research for an alternative magic source when he bumped into a discovery," Makarov sighed heavily, "Unfortunately, he erased all data stored in the Archive, so it was impossible to find out what changed him."

In addition, the spy discovered that the Brain was also connected to the R-System and consequently to Jellal. It was likely that everything was related to the research that Brain was dealing with at the time.

"Hmm..."

"Everything's going to be fine," Mirajane smiled confident, "we're talking about Natsu and the others, so, everything's going to be fine."

Makarov observed Mirajane. The confidence that the white-haired girl had in her companions left him impressed. After a brief moment of contemplation, Makarov was also infected with the same conviction as Mirajane.

"Master, do you hear that?" Mirajane asked.

"Uhm..." he looked at her puzzled.

Then, Makarov noticed that the liquor in his mug was stirring, and he could feel the bar under his rumbling butt. A powerful magic signature was fast approaching the guild and, as it did, the tremor increased until they heard the sound of a weight falling violently to the ground.

Everyone looked around puzzled, wondering what was going on until they saw Alzack rushing into the guild hall.

"Out of here now!" he exclaimed loudly, gasping heavily; he almost felt his heart exploding in his chest. "A... A dragon... A dragon is coming here!" he cried out pointing to the outside.

Upon hearing this, the entire guild quickly came out of the building. Gajeel was ahead of all of them because he was like Natsu. He was looking for Metalicana, the dragon who raised him and taught him his magic.

Everyone quickly ran behind the guild, and they were petrified at the sight of the creature. Rin and the Knights of the Round Table also arrived there, and they were all amazed because they knew that the only remaining dragon was Acnologia and that was not him. He had golden scales and vaguely remembered Auros, while Acnologia was black.

"A dragon... alive" Makarov murmured.

Chris watched the guild's magicians. They were all stationed in their places, petrified with wonder and fear. And he could understand this.