Ch.32: Oracion Seis (Part 1)

Jellal Fernandes had never done anything good in his life. Captured at an early age by cultists who had plundered the village in which he had lived until then, he had been taken to the tower where he had been forced to work for its construction.

Then there was rebellion and his fall into darkness because of Zeref. Since then, he had manipulated and deceived many people, many of whom had died because of him. All this lasted until he met Yuto who had literally destroyed him.

Yuto had destroyed his spirit by showing him how distant they were. A mage who uses Heavenly Body magic facing the Heavenly Dragon Slayer was like trying to face a dragon with his bare hands. There was no match at the end; after destroying his confidence, Yuto had pulverized him with Excalibur.

His body was literally ripped apart, but that's what he deserved. He didn't accuse Yuto Pendragon of ruining his plans or killing him. After all, even if the light of Excalibur had freed him from the darkness, his hands were filled with the blood of many innocents.

And now, as if to serve his sentence, Jellal was in that black space where he could not see beyond his nose. His body, despite the signs of burns, bruises and wounds that continued to bleed, continued to walk endlessly.

He did not know why he was doing this, but he did it and did not complain. It was the punishment that some God had given him.

In that black space, the conception of time was distorted. He had no idea how much time had passed, and a normal person would lose his mind after a short time, but not him who was continuing to endure only to be able to atone for his sins.

[Jellal Fernandes,] a voice spoke suddenly. [You have committed many crimes and for this you have been punished in this way, continuing to walk for eternity with wounds that will never heal.] It was a monotonous voice, devoid of any emotion, recalling the mechanized voice of a robot.

Jellal stopped and searched around looking for anyone who had spoken. A few seconds later, however, his eyes opened wide when a giant blue globe with two intersecting rings appeared before him.

Jellal became defensive. Despite all the knowledge he had stolen from the Magic Council, he had never read about anything like that.

"What are you?" Jellal asked suspiciously.

Jellal watched the luminous globe firmly. It is not that it was speaking to him directly; rather, it was communicating with him through a telepathic channel.

[I have many names, but everyone refer to me as Alaya.]

Alaya was the collective unconsciousness of mankind and the drive for its survival as a whole. Its task was to constantly drive humanity away from extinction.

"What do you want?"

[Offer you a deal,] Alaya replied, [I'll give you a chance to settle all the scores you left behind.]

Usually Alaya interferes indirectly by guiding and authorizing an individual to eliminate a threat, but when this is insufficient, such as this, Alaya would send the Counter Guardian. And this was the case. Because of the person who had authorized to eliminate the threat had failed, it had sent EMIYA. Normally he would have been enough, but the threat was more difficult than it seemed and so it decided to recruit Jellal.

"And what do you want in return?"

Jellal had learned the hard way. He had learned at a high price what it meant to make deals for power. Zeref promised him a false freedom, however, he sacrificed everything that mattered. Alaya didn't seem very different from Zeref.