Chapter 169: Kalopsia (EP. 02)

Começar do início

"Mama Helena's one of the most bravest women I know alongside you," Elsa's eyes slightly sparkled, "To her, to sit down and to learn to live with it is a big shame. She wouldn't back down without a fight—in a courageous way, I mean."

"I do hope Aiden and Kristoff are doing good in there," The ginger snickers, "I don't know, but I haven't had the faintest idea of what men does whenever they are unexpectedly kicked out by their wives."

"Hey now, we didn't kick them out," Elsa chuckled, "Well, I didn't kick Aiden out."

"I was just so excited!" Anna recoiled with an ear to ear smile, "We haven't done this for ages, well it felt like ages. With this tyke on her way–"

"You really, defensively, aggressively think, it's going to be a girl?" "Like the wise words of my older sister, yes," Anna winked, her hands performing none existent quotation marks, "I quote, a mother can feel these things."

"Have you settled on some names?" Elsa curiously asked.

"I've been browsing through the library and I fell in love with the name Louisa," Anna grinned, "It means famous warrior. Ooh, can you just imagine it? Once she comes out, we can call her Lou for short! So cute!"

"That's a beautiful name indeed," Elsa paused, "But what if you're actually carrying a boy?"

"That's Kristoff's job, don't wear it out," Anna beamed, "I don't mind if I don't get what I expected. I'd still love this new Bjorgman!"

Elsa just smiled. Out of the two of them, Anna is obviously the one who is noticeably good with children, take her relationship with Olaf as an example.

With the gates always open, Arendellian children would wander in and out every afternoon to skate or play around the sporadically ice rink courtyard. Anna would engage in light snowball fights and skating races from time to time, and indisputably, they love her bright and cheery attendance.

The ice queen felt a lenient tug from her chest, and blue orbs met round green when she found the maudlin pendant between her daughter's plump fingers. Auriana gave her a charming, gummy grin as she gazed at the fellow platinum blonde with infantile mirth.

"What a pretty treasure you've found there," Anna patted the younger princess's head, "Where did you buy this, Elsa? It's gorgeous and simple at the same time."

"Oh.. This..." Elsa smiled, her eyes drifting down south, "Aria, honey."

The little girl happened to recognize the soft call of her name. Elsa giggled at her antics and bumped their noses as gently as she could.

"Your daddy gave this to me," Auriana squealed at the mention of her father, "I truly had no idea that he was already buying a gift hours prior, but it's a present I'd love to cherish forever."

"Our goodbyes are all lies," Anna read, growing starry-eyed, "Our I love you's are the truth," She released a boisterous shriek, "Aiden's so sweet."

"Speaking of sweetness," A mischievous glint passed by Elsa's blue irises, "I'll go get some chocolate for us. Yay or nay?"

Anna's smile was ear to ear, "Definitely a yay."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
The well-scrubbed floors and the extensive, ivory painted walls welcomed the tippy toed Queen of Arendelle once she finally completed her short trip to the doorless Pantry.

Stored about on the left side of the stockroom are wooden crates of fruits and heavy stocks of vegetables, and massive ice boxes were occupied with raw meat and fish. And of course, Sir  Hagan—the Pantry man, can never afford to seal shut the unpacked carton of superbly loved carrots.

The beloved orange vegetables are not only used for cooking, it had different other purposes, too. It's a certain reindeer's favorite snack, and it's also Olaf's emergency kit when Sven ‘accidentally’ ate his nose again.

Elsa excitedly threw the doors of the cupboard open and rummaged through storaged dairy products, pushing aside glass decanters of milk as prudently as she can, but her hunger for the delectable treat cannot wait any longer.

And there, she finally found the small, thin cheap box, and before she could even graciously unravel her precious gem...

The skin of Elsa's neck immensely flushed when she felt a soft pair of lips kiss it tenderly. The apples of her cheeks reddened at the familiar sensation, and her hand nearly froze the little package she was desperate to taste.

Aiden lowered his chin on her head and trapped her hand on where it is, and Elsa could feel his smile against her hair. She quickly spun around; still stunned, but her love sick daze couldn't leave her face.

"Glad I made my way here," Aiden smirked, "I was looking for a midnight snack myself as well, but I didn't expect to find my wife here instead."

Elsa was so sure she is doomed to look like a replica of a tomato, "H-hi."

"Hey yourself, pretty eyes," He widely grinned, "What do you got there?"

"Chocolate."

"Mmh, sounds lovely," The fire king commented as he snatched an apple, "Oh, don't mind me. Go ahead."

Elsa smiled and nods shortly before swiftly unwrapping the foil from the chocolate and snapping it in half, she made sure that the bigger half is for Anna.

She happily bit onto her own small share—and found her husband biting on the other edge of the milky treat as well.

Her eyes widened, and her steady heart beats went erratic. Aiden smirked lightly and pushed her closer to him with his arm wrapping around her slim waist, and bit off his side of the chocolate. He finished the sugary dessert after series of chewing, and he finally gulped.

"Sweet," He said tantalizingly.

Elsa had finished hers as well, yet she had one favorite treat both she and the strapping King of Arendelle have been pining for.

"But not sweet enough."

She boldly leaned in and kissed him full; the kiss was brief but ardent.

"A-anna must be waiting," Elsa was a little bit out of breath, and she clutched the ginger's partially wrapped sweet maybe too tightly, "See you in the morning."

"Er–yes, right," A hypnotized grin made its way to Aiden's face, "See you."

Before she could walk and exit any further, he pulled her hand and pressed a lofty kiss on her forehead then to her cheek, and he felt her give his hand a squeeze.

"Goodnight, my beautiful min elska."

To be continued
on the next chapter...