Chapter 169: Kalopsia (EP. 02)

"Mmmh-ma."

"I love you too!"

Anna's lips twitched into a wide, insouciant grin as she watched her older sister gleefully bond with the squirming bundles lying on their mother's lap.

Though she must admit, she could've missed seeing this pure scene if she didn't adamantly wheedled Elsa to agreeing to a sleepover in one of the Family Wing's vacant guestrooms.

The ice queen had shot her husband an apologetic and sheepish smile as she slipped on her nightgown behind the changing screen, but ever the understanding husband he is, Aiden could survive a lone night without her... oh well, one can never be too sure.

But of course, without a single word of reluctance, the fire king effortlessly transferred both of the twins' cribs to the chosen room and kissed her goodnight, rather too fiercely, might I add.

The subject may be unspoken but he knew that the two siblings barely had time to spend  together with the Queen of Arendelle running the kingdom and such, and Anna actually has decided to install a seat in the courtroom and a desk adjacent to her sister's in Elsa's cozy study.

It took a lot to convince a certain former ice harvester to let her partake in undeniably gruelling duties, but her eagerness to contribute in the pinnacle of paperwork and lengthy meetings was far greater than listening to Kristoff's stern chidings.

There are many benefits to it anyway, two for example. Either to give Count Peter her infamous death glare when he unconventionally disagrees, or simply for her amusement. There's not much a pregnant lady can do.

Every time Anna's presence would grace the courtroom, the councilmen would already look uncomfortable and uneasy in their seats.

Anna always appreciates a good argument or a heated debate, and whenever she and Elsa resolve to the same opinion or decision, that would be a more valid reason to heat things up if ever one of gentlemen would dare to come up with an intermission.

It felt gratifying to the couple that Anna payed attention to every syllable they said during their promised ‘storytelling’ and when the Princess of Arendelle's usually jubilant aura dispersed into nothing, Elsa's throat went dry for one agonizing minute.

Anna was just relieved and grateful that not one inch of Elsa's skin is scathed or scratched. There is one certain topic she wants to begin as she peers over her sister's shoulder to take a look at the laughing, green eyed child her sister dearly love, but not one letter dribbled off her mouth.

The platinum blonde gingerly took the baby's clenched hand and gave it an affectionate kiss, her warm thumb kneading the infant's delicate palm tenderly as she did so.

Chandler's eyes grew round at the tingling sensation, perhaps mama is truly an angel as his father likes to claim. His toes curled, and Elsa has never been more smitten to the little boy desperately reaching for her chin.

His doll-like blue eyes blinked so beautifully, it sent Elsa the message that he and the shrieking girl beside him are the picture perfect children she imagined maybe when she was picturing herself happily married to a suitable man and beginning a family of their own.

A mere delusion.

Well, it used to be when she heard an incredibly realistic loud yelp of protest emit from her son.

"Auriana Elsabet Fireheart," Her voice didn't sound stern, but it was lightly chastising, "No kicking."

"I've always admired Aiden's last name," Anna smiled, "I didn't know mama Helena refused to use Abaddon's for her child, maybe the jerk almost didn't let her. How daring and cool at the same time."