Chapter 14: Confessions

Start from the beginning

And now I'm seeing that for the truth that it is.

Her eyes become angry as she takes a few steps towards me. "Tori, it's not like that-"

"What is this then?" I shout, sounding almost desperate. I take a step back, for the first time feeling like I don't want to be around her.

She stares at me, myself unable to figure out if the sadness in her eyes is real or just acting. She swallows and takes a deep breath, letting me notice her fists clenching at her sides.

"I broke up with him." She tells me, a single tear sliding down her cheek. I take a deep breath, staring at the different emotions playing in her eyes.

"Answer my question Jade...What. Is. This?" I ask her as my voice softens, my hands gesturing to the both of us. "Are you wanting me instead? Or am I your fucking rebound?" I question her, feeling like this is my ultimate nightmare. Being so close to having her, then realizing that it's all just a joke.

"You're not my fucking rebound!" She yells at me, surprising me as she takes another step towards me. She looks at me with a mix of anger and distraught, reminding me of the moments i've witnessed her crying. Reminding me of the time I held her so close to comfort her, the memories making my lip start to quiver.

"Then what am I?" I whisper, looking up through my clouded barrier to her bright eyes. She opens her mouth, freezing as she lets her fists at her sides, relax. She takes another step towards me, her eyes almost looking like their asking for permission to come any closer.

"I left him for you Tori." She tells me,  watching as she steps even closer. I don't move, knowing I couldn't resist her even if I really wanted. "I want you." She looks into my eyes, showing me how serious she is.

"I fell in love with you the moment I saw you." I take a deep breath, my wet cheeks starting to feel cold. Her face gives a broken smile in return, her hand reaching forward and grabbing mine softly.

"You're not my rebound." She states again, staring down at our hands. "You're so much more."

It's kind of hard not to smile when Jade West says something like that.

"I just started to see that I was attracted to you, that I was having these feelings for you...I've been scared about these feelings Tori...They're all just so new..." Her breath hitches making me really look at her, I would never have thought I would see the day where Jade admits that she's scarred of something. I look at her, knowing that she's telling me the truth. I start to feel guilty for yelling at her, hating seeing her so upset.

"What about Beck?" I then ask, feeling that guilt return. He's going to absolutely hate me.

"I don't know yet." She admits shaking her head, "I don't want to hurt him anymore than I already have." She tells me, making me nod my head. We both sit in silence for a few long moments, just both of us trying to recompose ourselves. I concentrate on the feeling of her hand squeezing onto mine, watching as her eyes avoid looking at mine from nervousness.

"I'm sorry I freaked out..." I tell her, making her look up and shake her head.

"I'm sorry that I just stormed in and got all over you when I should have just confronted you about it. I just felt...felt like I needed to do it the way my old self would do it." She confesses making me raise my eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"You changed me Vega." She chuckles softly, taking a step forward getting as close to me as she can. "My old self would do what I did today, storm in and take you without even asking." She shrugs making my eyes soften as I stare at all of the emotion she's unleashed today. "For fuck's sake Tori, I'm crying right now...For you." She tells me, raising her arms and placing them around my neck surprising me. She nuzzles her face into my neck, making me slowly place my hands around her to hold her close. I take a deep breath, sighing contently as I let my head rest against hers.

"Jade West from the past would have disgraced me for how I'm acting now. I felt like I needed her back to do this, because it's the version of me you fell in love with." She tells me softly making me frown.

I pull back a bit to have her look up at me, her eyes worried about what I'll say to her. "I love you in every way that you want to be Jade."

She stares at me, her mouth opening to say something but nothing comes out. I lean down and lean my forehead against her and attempt a tired smile.

"Give me time Tori Vega, I swear this won't be a oneway love. I swear it won't be...because i'm already helplessly falling." She tells me, making me smile even more. I lean in and give her a kiss on her forehead, having one last one for the road. I slowly then let her go, turning around and grabbing my bag and swinging it over my shoulder. I turn back towards her and see her watching me with confusion.

"I need to think about this all." I tell her which makes her raise her eyebrows. "I know that I could never not choose you Jade." I tell her sounding pretty desperate, "Because I can't even describe how I feel just knowing that you like me back, my heart is just-" I stop with a small sigh, "I just, I don't know how to do this...with Beck and all."

"I know. It's not fair...you're his best friend." Jade sighs, shaking her head with a frown.

"You're so worth it though." I shrug making her look up at me, "You know, losing him? It would be really rough, but you-you...are just, you leave me speechless every time. Jade, I love you." 

A small smile forms on her lips, and I feel like kissing them again. 

But for the first time, I walk away from her, knowing that it's for the best right now. Also knowing though, that it isn't over. It's all just about to begin.