Chapter 7: Boomerang

Tori Vega's Point of View

Menus are held up, covering everyone's face. I can't help but look around and notice the happy atmosphere of all the people at their tables, eating a nice Italian meal. I set my own menu down, knowing what I would like to order. Cat bounces in her seat as she sips on her lemonade and reads the menu, Robbie adjusts Rex's clothes, Andre reads the menu while checking a text at the same time, Beck reads the menu with tired eyes, and Jade glares angrily at him.

I knew they were fighting the moment they walked into the resturaunt, not because of their silence, but because of Jade's actions. How she glares at Beck, pulls away when he tries to touch her, even hisses something under her breath when he talks to her, myself unable to hear what she says. I can see the annoyance in Beck's eyes, finally giving up on even trying to talk to her anymore.

The rest of the group shrugs off the tension, probably having seen this before. I feel so awkward though seeing that they're tense, I can't help but just stare at Jade from across to see if I can see any mood change. I don't think i'm going to see one though, she looks angrier than I have ever seen her before. Her cheeks are red, her eyes placed in an intense glare, her fingers digging deep into her palms as her hands are in fists, I can't help but what to relax her hands again like the other day.

The waiter comes over and takes our orders, everyone beginning to talk to one another, except Jade. She has looked at me only once since she got here, and when she makes eye contact with me for the second time, I can see the misery in her eyes past the hate. She stares at me long enough to make me smile so it doesn't become awkward, she hesitates but lets a small smile reach her face, before letting it drop when Beck's arm bumps her to get her attention.

She frowns again and looks over to Beck, he whispers something in her ear, only making her look angrier. Actually, saying that she looks angry is an understatement. She begins to look furious. She stands up making everyone look in her direction.

"Fuck you." She coldy tells Beck before she grabs her water and dumps it on his head. Everyone's eyes go wide, including mine. Beck's mouth drops as do everyone around us who witnesses the scene. Jade then stomps out as everyone sits frozen in their seats. Beck doesn't move for a moment, he just sits there letting the water soak in.

"I'm gonna go freshen up in the men's room..." Beck then swallows, water slowly dripping down his face. He then gets up, holding his arms out a bit, letting the water trickle down as he walks to the bathroom.

"What the hell was that about?" Andre asks a bit horrified, Cat looking like she's about to cry. Andre then looks over to her, "Oh it's okay little red."

"I'm going to go...check on Jade..." I tell everyone, who looks at me like i'm crazy.

"Be careful." Robbie tells me sincerely, I get up from my seat and walk out of the restaurant hoping Jade hasn't driven off already. I walk outside and look around not seeing her anywhere, I start to walk around the building, letting my eyes look everywhere in hopes of finding her. Beck's truck is still in the parking lot, so I know she has to be around here somewhere.

I walk completely away from the restaurant, staying on the sidewalk. There's a slight breeze that hits my bare legs, my hands staying by my sides to keep my floral dress from hiking up. I hear my own shoes tap against the concrete, almost feeling like I should maybe turn back around. What if she get's angry with me when I try to talk to her?

I round another corner, stopping on my tracks when I see Jade sitting on the curb, her ankles crossed and her arms holding herself. I take a few slow steps towards her, hoping she hears the tapping of my feet so I don't scare her. I go and sit down right beside her, pulling my knees close to my chest unlike hers. She doesn't say anything, but keeps her face looking away from me.