Chapter 8: Just Additional

Start from the beginning

When my family shows up, they all give me curious looks when they see my happiness. Trina wondering if I met a girl or something, I lie and tell them i'm just happy, knowing I couldn't possibly reveal my feelings for Jade to anyone. I know it would go terribly wrong if that ever got out. I do homework, keeping myself busy until dinner is ready, my mom cooking tonight. 

While jamming out to some mainstream pop music, trying to accomplish some English homework an hour later, I hear my mother calling from downstairs, "Tori, your friends are here!" 

I stop singing and scrunch my eyebrows in confusion, wondering what friends. I walk out of my room and to the stairs, raising my eyebrows when I see Beck and Jade standing by the front door. 

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" I ask them skeptically, wondering what's going on. They both turn to look at me, my mother in the kitchen continuing to cook. I walk towards them seeing their smiling faces, am I wrong, or did I not comfort a crying girl last night because of that boy in front of me?

"We came to steal you away." Jade tells me with a smirk, making me raise my eyebrows. 

"Huh?" I ask confused, wondering what they have planned. 

"Go get dressed, we're going out tonight." Beck smiles, putting his arm around Jade. Jade gives me a look confirming what he said, I hesitantly nod before walking back upstairs. I get out of my comfy clothes and get into something cuter, feeling lost about the whole situation. 

I find myself frowning as I get dressed, I should be happy because Jade is, but she's happy because of Beck and not me. They must have already made up, maybe after I left her house earlier today? I wouldn't have forgave him so quickly though if I were Jade, and I'm not just saying that because I'm jealous. I'm just saying that in general. I stop my thoughts though, remembering that Beck is my best friend. I shouldn't be siding against him so easily just because I have feelings for his girlfriend. 

I walk back downstairs when i've gotten a new outfit on, Jade stands by the fire place looking at the pictures again on the mantel. Beck chats with my mother in the kitchen, being nice and laughing at her bad jokes. 

"So, you going to tell me where we're going?" I ask Jade as I walk up to her, she turns and grins. 

"A nice restaurant. Then a hockey game." She tells me with a small wink, I blush and quickly look back to Beck and my mother to hide it. Beck wraps up the conversation, saying goodbye to my mother. He then comes over with a smile, leaning down and kissing Jade for the slightest moment. I continue to look away, hating the scene. 

"We just wanted to apologize and repay you, you didn't get a chance for a nice dinner last night." Beck tells me with a smile making me raise my eyebrows. 

"So, you've apparently worked out the differences?" I question with a small gulp. 

"Yeah, and it's partially because of you." Jade smirks at me making my stomach fall, of course it is. I always screw things up for myself. 

"Let's go to dinner, go watch the game. We'll have a blast." Beck smiles opening up the door for us, Jade walks out and I follow her. We get in Beck's truck, Jade in between Beck and I. Her arms stays touching mine the whole time, making me hide my small smile. We drive to this restaurant, my eyes staying away from their holding hands. 

We walk into the restaurant, already having a reservation. I sit across from the two of them, feeling a bit awkward as they chatter. I order my food realizing that i'm pretty much just watching their date play along. They laugh and talk about things that I would have never discussed with either of them, both of them sharing inside jokes that I don't understand.