Break Down

I woke up the next morning to my head pounding. I glared up at the man who had woken me up and was now hovering over me. 

"I hate you." I mumbled and turned so my back was to him. 

"I know but I need to get to the studio and Cara has called you twice already. Get up." He shook me again. 

"Why does she keep calling?" I groaned. 

"I don't know. It's not like I'm answering your phone everytime it rings." He replied, sounding snarky. 

"Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?" I sat up and tried to focus on anything other than the pounding in my head. I threw the comforter off of me and stood up. "God damn." I muttered to myself and put a hand on my head. I looked over at him who had a leather backpack sitting on his side of the bed and he was shoving his laptop into it. "How are you not hungover?" I asked with a frown. 

"For starters, you drank more than I did. And I have a headache right now which I'm sure is really going to help me get work done." He shoved a charger in along with it and I just raised my eyebrows at his pissy mood. 

"Well do you at least want a ride?" I asked and he looked over at me. 

"Only if it's not going to take you an hour to get ready." He zipped the bag up and I rolled my eyes. 

"When does it ever take me an hour to get ready? It's not like I get dressed up or wear pounds of makeup." I replied sarcastically. He sat on the end of the bed, clearly ready to go and making sure it was obvious he was waiting on me. He leaned back so he was resting on his elbow on the bed just staring at me. 

"You look like you want to kill me." I commented as I pulled a pair of black skinny jeans on. I looked around the closet for a red tank top. 

"I just want nothing more than to close my eyes and have this album be done. And a cigarette, I want nothing more than to smoke a cigarette right now." He replied and I growled at the fact that I couldn't find this stupid tank top. 

"Can you help me?" I asked but I knew he was going to throw a hissy fit about it. "I can't find this stupid tank top I'm looking for." I stepped back in the closet and looked at everything. 

"Can't you just wear something else?" He sounded annoyed but appeared in the doorway anyways. I just pouted and he sighed before turning to look at all my clothes. "What are you looking for?" 

I smirked and described to him that it was just a plain red tank top. He started digging through some of the shelves that we had while I went though all the clothes on the hangers again. "This?" He asked pulling it out between two shirts. 

"Yes!" I reached for it but he pulled it back so I was grabbing at air. I glared at him but was releaved to finally see him smirking. "Give it." I reached for it again but he pulled it back again. 

"Or you could just continue to stand there half naked." He continued to smirk. I wanted nothing more than to roll my eyes and give him shit for acting like a 14 year old boy but I just wrapped my arms around his waist and looked up at him. 

"You know, the sooner you give me the shirt, the sooner you can go light up." I teased and grabbed the shirt out of his hand. I pulled it over my head and grabbed a white button up shirt and threw that over it leaving it unbuttoned. I went in the bathroom to finish getting ready. I was in the middle of brushing my teeth when my phone started ringing. I turned to go grab it just as Sonny appeared in the doorway holding it out. 

I muttered out a thanks but I doubt it even sounded like English. I saw Cara's name flash across the screen. I answered it and spit into the sink.