Kings and Queens

--Did we all see the ZHU/Skrillex reveal at Stereosonic?! Epic. Anyways, carry on. --

My visit with Sonny actually went pretty well. We talked a little more about everything and by the time I left, I knew we were back to where we were. Summer had gone and passed. It was really fucking awkward come Tomorrowland when all of us were going besides Maggie. I really really missed her but I wasn't about to apologize for doing nothing wrong and she was still seeing Dan so I didn't see that going away anytime soon. 

I was sitting at home doing work on the computer. It wasn't my usual work though. I was actually going through soundcloud looking at new artists stuff for not only Sonny but Wes too. I was surprised that Wes had asked me to keep an eye out but I'm assuming he trusted Sonny's judgment in me enough to trust me himself too. Sonny was home which was amazing. He was at the studio though and I knew he was starting on his album so I didn't want to disturb. 

I was sitting on my couch drink a glass of wine when I got bored of soundcloud. I opened up twitter and started scrolling. Suddenly Joel's twitter pops up. He's usually harassing people via social media so I stopped to read it. 

It was a picture of a ring and the caption asked Kat to marry him. Oh. My. God. This had to be a joke. Like, really. It had to be a joke. I was scrambling for my phone so hard I almost knocked over my wine. I grabbed it and called Sonny. 

"Yeah, what's up?" He answered. 

"Oh. My. God." I said sitting back down and picking my laptop up. 

"What?" 

"Go on twitter. Go on twitter, right now." I said. 

"Uhh...can you just tell me? I'm a little busy." He replied and I huffed and rolled my eyes. 

"Fucking no. Go on it and check. I'm so fucking baffled right now. Fucking Joel just asked Kat to marry him via fucking twitter!" I shouted, spoiling it. Sonny started snickering. 

"Could you fit any more f-bombs into that sentence?" He completely ignored what I had just said. Did he not hear me?

"Sonny!" I shouted and he kept laughing. 

"What?! What do you want me to do about it?" He was still snickering. 

"I want you to fucking text him and ask him about it!" I shouted into the phone, frustrated that he didn't seem to care. 

"You have his number. Why can't you do it?" He asked. 

"Sonny! This is a big deal! He's not going to talk to me but he'll talk to you!" I flipping shouted into the phone. 

"Okay, okay, I'll text him later." He said with a sigh. I ran a hand through my hair and looked back to my computer. 

"Okay. Can you text me when you're on your way?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I'll let you know. I think I'm starting to hit a wall so it may be sooner than later." 

"Sounds good." I said before I hung up. I looked back to my computer in shock. I couldn't get over this. I though about texting Joel but I knew he wasn't going to tell me shit. We'll see what he tells Sonny. 

I trolled the internet and had a few more glasses of wine before Sonny called me about an hour and a half later. 

"Hey, I'm leaving now. Want to meet me at my place?" He asked and I sighed. 

"I've been drinking so I'm not comfortable driving. Want to pick me up?" 

"Yeah, I'll be there in like ten minutes." He replied and hung up.