Good Day in LA

When I woke up the next morning, light was poking through the windows and the room was bright. I looked over to see one of the candles next to the bed still burning but the rest were dead. I'm going to need more candles, I thought to myself. 

I sat up careful not to wake Sonny who had his head squished into a pillow and was slightly drooling. Clearly he was going to be out for a while so I got out of bed quietly and took a shower. I got dressed in light washed jeans and a black v-neck and went out into the living room with my laptop, closing the bedroom door quietly behind me. 

I decided to answer all my emails that I put off last night. Most of them were work related but I had got another response from my old professor asking if I was up to speaking to her introduction class about getting started and what I did now and similar things. I was so confused as to why she would ask me but I emailed back asking when she was thinking about doing this because I had a pretty tight schedule coming up. 

I was sitting at the kitchen table and I got bored so I looked around at my apartment. I instantly started smiling at the large bear that was now sitting more in the corner of the room since he took up a lot of space. I thought about the day I came home to it which made me think of all the sweet things Sonny has done for me. 

I still couldn't imagine my life if he hadn't run into me on that day. No doubt, I would still be working that shit job that I hated and being miserable. My computer dinged with another email and I went back to work for a bit. 

I ordered some things for Sonny and locked down a few locations for Wes. I was feeling pretty important at the moment so I decided to google myself for shits and giggles. Not much popped up and I got curious so I put Skrillex with mine and hit enter. A bunch of photos popped up on the image search. I scrolled through them but I had already seen most of them before. My instagram photo popped up posted by someone else so I thought that was weird but other than that nothing really caught my eye. I sighed and closed my laptop. 

I heard my bedroom door open and out came a shirtless Sonny, yawning. He had a shirt in hand but was clearly too tired to put it on. "You're up for five seconds and I already think you need to go back to bed." I snickered at him and he made his way over to the table sitting next to me. He put his shirt on the table and used it as a pillow. "Seriously, babe, go back to bed." I said without the snicker this time and I he turned his head so he could look up at me for a second before closing his eyes again. "Or not." I sighed standing up. "Want some coffee?" I asked and he held a thumbs up and I rolled my eyes at his dramatics. 

I made him a cup and brought it back over before grabbing my latop and putting it away. My phone started ringing from the kitchen table as soon as I entered my room. I groaned, throwing my laptop on the bed before racing to grab it. 

"Hey!" I answered after seeing it was Todd. 

"Can I drop her off or can you pick her up?" He asked and I wanted to smack myself in the head for forgetting that I agreed to babysit. 

"Can you drop her off?" I asked since I was too lazy to go get her. 

"Yeah, that's fine. An hour good?" He asked and I agreed. "Cool, see you then. Thanks again." 

"Anytime." I smiled at hung up. 

"What?" Sonny asked, speaking for the first time. 

"I forgot I agreed to watch Lilly all day." I said sitting back down. 

"She's walking now, right?" He asked and it made me like overwhelmed with happiness that he knew that. I just smiled and nodded. He gave me a weird look probably at how happy I just got for no apparent reason before taking a sip of coffee and pulling his shirt on and standing up. He left and returned with his laptop. He opened it and opened all his music stuff.