Reality Check

I woke up the next morning feeling like I got hit by a semi truck. My head was absolutely pounding and I immediately felt nauseous. I was struggling hard. The bed was a mess with sheets, blankets, and pillows everywhere. I knew I was alone in bed and at first I was confused as to where Sonny was but then I remembered that he had to get out early to leave for his next show. I don't know why but the thought of him not being here just made my head pound even more. 

I sat up a little careful not to move fast and looked for my phone. It was usually on the table next to my bed but it wasn't. Instead there was a bottle of aspirin and two bottles of water. I knew there was no way in hell I would have prepared for this last night so I figured Sonny must have done it. I was touched by the gesture. 

So I took the bottle of pills and took a few while simultaneously downing the whole bottle of water. I layed back down for probably another five minutes before getting out of bed. I walked out to find Maggie passed the hell out on the couch. I went in the kitchen to look at the damage and it was pretty messy. I found my phone sitting on the counter though. I grabbed it and I had a ton of notifications. 

I had a bunch of texts but one from Todd stood out particularly time stamped at about two in the morning saying Kristen had gone into labor. I called him using what little battery I had left. It to voice mail. 

I walked in to the living room to wake Maggie up. She was just as bad as I was. 

"Kristen's in labor. Gotta go. Are you staying or coming?" Maggie stared at me confused as hell for a few seconds before she groaned and put her head back down. 

"Coming." She said but she closed her eyes again and I slapped her arm. She cried out in pain. "Okay okay." She sat up and put her head in her hands. 

I went in and changed and Maggie came in asking for a change of clothes too. 

We both put on yoga pants and just a tshirt. We got ready and we probably should have been moving a little faster but neither of us had the energy. I grabbed my charger to bring with and my purse and we jumped in my car. We drove in silence until we got there. When we got in and asked the lady at the front desk she said she was still in labor and told us which waiting room to go to. 

"Fuck. I need to get flowers or something." I remembered. I asked the next person who worked there where the gift shop was and we made our way there. 

I bought an obnoxiously large bouquet of flowers and we went to the waiting room. I knew we were in the right place because Todd's parents were there with several other people all for Kristen I'm assuming. 

"Oh Baylee! You made it!" Todd's mom jumped up and hugged me. I suddenly felt a little naseous again. I was too hungover to be dealing with this. 

"Happy belated birthday dear. We sent you a card but we sent it a little late." She told me and I smiled as best as I could at her. 

"Thank you." 

"Leave the poor woman alone. Can't you tell she's hungover." Todd's dad laughed. 

"Oh I bet she is." His mom laughed at me. I was introduced to Kristen's parents and I tried putting on the professional look because let's be real, it wouldn't be my first time working incredibly hungover. 

Maggie and I went to get coffee and we sat in two chairs more away from everyone. I plugged my phone into an outlet near our chair and watched as it came back to life. 

I went through all the notifications I had skipped over before. Most of them were notifications of people wishing me a happy birthday online or via text. I had some people send me pictures I had taken with them last night.