See You

About a month had passed since I told Sonny I needed some space. I was in denial about it but I had sunken into a depression. I had a follow-up appointment with the doctor about a week after my trip to the hospital to make sure my body was back to okay conditions which it was. The doctors trip only reopened the wounds though and I wanted to die when the doctor suggested therapy. 

I didn't need therapy, I just needed everyone to pretend I didn't exist for a while. Work was hell. I only traveled once and that was for Wes. I had a hard time faking happiness so I stayed in my hotel room most of the time. 

I hadn't talked to Sonny since he left. I can't tell you how many times I picked up my phone to text him but didn't know what to say. I was reaching my breaking point though. I just needed to talk to him. I was following his whereabouts online which was kind of creepy but whatever. 

Cara had left a few days after I called her due to work. I was planning on going home soon though and she said she would meet me there. I hadn't told my parents anything and I wasn't exactly ready to talk about it again yet but I knew it would need to happen. 

Mason and Luke let me grieve without asking too many questions. I haven't been very social lately though and I felt bad about it. They were so good to me and here I was just kind of blowing them off. 

Maggie and I haven't really spoken to each other and that was killing me. According to Mason, she was still seeing Dan and I was pissed about it at first but I realized there was nothing I could do about it. I needed to focus on myself right now and not shit like that. 

Joel had contacted me about helping with some things and I actually agreed. Maybe fleeing the country would help me flee my personal issues. I was flying by myself too which was nice. I surprised myself when I agreed but Joel doesn't work with Sonny so I saw this as a transition period. Wes and Sonny were getting closer than they already were and I think that's why I locked myself in my hotel room when I was working for Wes. I just didn't want to hear his name dropped. 

When I landed in Toronto, I was feeling refreshed and ready to tackle anything which was a nice change of pace from how I was usually feeling. I checked into my hotel and Joel offered to pick me up. I wasn't surprised when I stepped out of the lobby to see an incredibly fancy car with a smug looking Joel leaning on it. The valet people were totally checking out the car and whispering amongst themselves. I rolled my eyes and made my way over. 

"Hi dead mouse." I greeted. 

"Hi annoying girl." He smiled and I was incredibly surprised when he pushed himself off the car and pulled me into a hug. 

"Since when am I annoying?" I asked with a fake glare. 

"Since the day I met you." He smiled and held the door open to his obnoxiously expensive car for me. I guess I have no roo to talk since I drive a pretty expensive car too. I had a thought that Joel and Luke would probably get along. "So I figured we could swing by my place and we could go over everything and then because I feel obligated I figured we could get dinner or something." 

"Yeah, sounds good." I mumbled not really paying attention but something caught my ear. "Because you feel obligated?" I mocked with a laugh. 

"Well yeah. For flying you out here and everything." He smiled at me and sat up a little and pulled a cigarette out of his pocket. We were currently sitting in a line of traffic. 

"Well damn. Don't I feel special." I laughed and pulled my phone out looking at the lack of messages. Just do it. A voice in my head was chanting. Without thinking too much about it I pulled up a new message and I pulled up Sonny's name.