What Nix Didn't Know Part 16

Start from the beginning

"Next week."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

He tried to kiss her. But she pulled away. "Next week."

"Kiss lang."

"Next week." She said teasingly.

But before he could even complain, she was already kissing him.

Hinawakan niya ulit ang singsing. Alam na niya kung ano ang kabang nararamdaman niya. Excitement. Anticipation sa kung anong mayroon sa future para sa kanila. Hindi takot. Wa;a siyang nararamdaman kahit na konti non. Sigurado siya. Kahit na parang ang bilis ng mga pangyayari. Sigurado siya na si Bamboo ang gusto niyang makasama habang buhay. Kahit na alam niyang hindi magiging madali. Kahit wala naman talagang kasiguraduhan sa buhay. Pagdating sa nararamdaman niya para kay Bamboo, sigurado siya.

HE

Hindi na niya nakausap si Sarah matapos silang maghiwalay sa Incheon. He knew that would happen, though. Napagusapan na nila ni Sarah na yun ang malamang na mangyari. But unlike the previous week, he wasn't afraid.

He wasn't afraid even after he buzzed the doorbell, as he stood in front of her house.

He wasn't afraid, but he felt for Sarah. This wasn't easy for her. He knows how much she loves her family.

"Tell them."

"Paano kung di sila pumayag?"

"We push the date until they allow you? I don't know. Or we fly to the States, regardless? But you have to tell them."

"Thank you." She said. Her head resting on his arm.

"For?'

"Kasi kahit kung ano ano nang sinabi nila sayo, side ko pa din iniisip mo."

"They're still your parents."

"Nalulungkot lang ako. Bakit hindi nila makita yung nakikita ko?"

"Maybe it's too sudden for them, or hindi lang talaga nila ako gusto."

"Sorry. Alam ko nasaktan ka sa mga sinabi nila."

"It's okay." He kissed her on the forehead.

"At the end of the day, what you think," he was pointing on her head, "what you feel", pointing on her heart, "and what you say," pointing on her lips, "that's all that matters to me."

He kissed her on the lips. "But because they're your parents, and I know you love them so much, and they do love you too, let them know. I want them to know I'm serious. I want us....this. I want them to know that I will fight for you no matter what."

It was her turn to kiss him.

"When will I meet your parents?"

"Next week."

"Paano kung ayaw nila sa akin?"

"Then they have to leave."

"Bad ka..."

"I was joking. Look at you, who wouldn't love you?"

"Meron kaya."

"They already love you. They will love you even more when they meet you."