What Nix Didn't Know Part 13

HE

He called her immediately when he got her message.

Alam na nila mommy - Babe

"Hello.."

"Hi. What happened?"

"Galit na galit sila..." He could hear Sarah crying.

"Don't cry....." He couldn't take hearing Sarah sobbing on the phone.

"Sabi nila hindi daw nila tayo matatanggap. May asawa ka pa din daw kahit sinabi ko na divorced ka na. Basta madami pa silang sinabi...."

"Please don't cry...."

But she didn't answer him back. All he heard was sobs coming from the other line.

"Pease stop....this is driving me crazy." He said.

"Sarah....Baby, don't cry....gusto mo punta ko diyan?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Because of me you're in this deep...fu.....shit!"

"Answer me please? I'm sorry......Sarah...."

"That's it. I'm going there."

"No....please huwag..."

"What do you want me to do?' He said. It was almost a whisper. He didn't want Sarah to sense he was going to break down. He was so scared.

The last time he felt this scared was when his parents separated. He was very young then. He was terrified; like he had no idea what was going to happen next. It was like being suspended in air upside down by some unknown creature ready to let go of his feet anytime.

He was scared Sarah would let go. He knew how much Sarah loved her family. It was something he'd always admired about her. Very obedient. Very loyal. And he didn't want her to change. He didn't want her to disobey her parents. He knew she'd never be the same if she did that.

But he would want her to fight for them. He would want her to hold on.

"...magugulo lang lalo. Galit pa sila eh." Sarah said.

"I'm sure they're mad. I'm sure of that. But they have to talk to me, I think. Or at least, I have to talk to them."

"Huwag ngayon. Hindi kayo magkakaintindihan."

"Ok. Ok. Ang importante naman, WE understand, right? I mean, wala naman magbabago di ba?"

"I love you. Di ba alam mo yan? Hindi tayo aabot dito sa puntong to, kung hindi."

"I know. Thank you. That's what I want to hear. Because I can't do anything right now. I just wanted your assurance. I know...I know we talked about this. But this is making me scared right now. Baka mawala ka sa akin. Just the thought....I don't know....it's driving me insane."

Basta tandaan mo, mahal na mahal kita." Umiiyak na sagot ni Sarah.

"Mahal na mahal din kita." 

But that was the last time he heard from her.

"Bambs, just got off the phone with Veronique. Tol, alam na nila. And I couldn't deny it. Parents daw ni Sarah ang nagconfirm sa kanya." Phone call from Pancho.

"Yeah. I heard."

"Nakausap mo ba si Sarah."

"Yeah."

"Gagawa daw ng announcement ang management ni Sarah. Idedeny ka. Idedeny na kayo. Hinihingan ako ng statement para sabay daw ang press release......"