What Nix Didn't Know Part 8

TWO-GETHER

It was TVK After Party. Two werks before their big concert in Araneta.

The mood was festive. Everyone was congratulating Sarah for winning that season. She was either on the phone attending calls or talking to other guests and staff of the show. Bamboo was singing on the little stage with the kids. There was no chance to talk. Her parents were there too. So he couldn't make a move.

When all the festivities died down a bit, the three coaches, finally, had the chance to sit together.

"Apl is in Manila." Lea said. "He wants to meet for dinner. What do you think?"

"Ok po ako."

"Me too. Just tell me when."

"I think it would be better if we hold it in his place or mine. Kaso we both live in the South." Tumingin si Lea kay Sarah. "And Bamboo is from the South too. Ok lang sayo?" She asked Sarah.

"I don't live in the South anymore. But I'm ok. I can go with Sarah." Bamboo said.

"Sige. Baka puwede din naman ako ihatid doon nila mommy."

"Wait. You moved? Where?" Lea asked Bamboo.

"BGC. It's easier to get to places from there than from Alabang."

"I can totally relate. I also have a place in Ortigas. Kasi nga hassle yung traffic."

"I know." But of course, he was lying. The traffic was the least of his concern. He just didn't want to say he's been living in BGC for the longest time since the divorce.

"You know what? Why dont we have dinner in my place? Ortigas. That way, si Apl lang ang malayo. He can manage. Im just thinking baka di payagan si Sarah pag sobrang layo. I want you to be there. I can ask permission from your mom, myself. Just tell me pag may problema."

"Or we could just kidnap her and bring her somewhere far." Bamboo said jokingly. Of course, that was half meant.

Nagtawanan silang tatlo.

"I was gonna suggest that too. She's 25. For pete's sake!"

"That's what I'm saying."

"Ipaalam niyo na lang ako Ms Lea pag di ako pinayagan. Or puwede din sige kidnap na lang."

Tawanan na naman sila.

"But seriously, I admire how obedient you are to your parents but don't you think it's time to stand on your own? I mean, you habe a boyfriend. Are you even allowed to go on dates?"

"She's allowed."

"Bakit mo alam?" Tanong ni Lea kay Bamboo.

"I see them around. A lot." He said.

"Allowed naman po. Pero may curfew. Sobra din naman pong busy. So madalas wala din time masyado maglalabas."

"Is Bamboo keeping you busy?"

"Po?"

"Kasi may concert kayo. Siyempre instead of boyfriend time, bamboo time."

Natawa si Sarah. Napangiti si Bamboo. He liked how that sounded. Boyfriend time vs Bamboo Time. Wish niya lang siya ang leading.

"So, this coming week na yung dinner. Hindi puwede weekend. Apl's leaving on Friday, so either Wednesday or Thursday?"

"Sure." "Sige po." Bamboo and Sarah said.

SHE

"Darating mom ko sa Thursday. It's my aunt's birthday. Yung nakatira sa malapit sa Eastwood? She wants to know if you could come."