Poetry Of No Genre (Ellah's Review)

AFRICAN CHILD
This poem is like a personal anthem to me.
I employed simple imagery and a few words to paint a picture of culture and heritage.

HONEY BADGER
The idea for his poem came the first time I heard of the Honey Badger on Nat Geo Wild and thought of how she figuratively describes the modern woman.

I employed a couple of Poetic Devices here but the most obvious are In-Rhymes, Personification and Multi-Syllabic Rhymes.

SARS WAS AROUND
Real life matters, told from a satirical POV. My only poem in Pidgin English and I'm super excited alot of people relate to it.
I almost took it off the list of poems for this project.

FREEZE LIKE A MANNEQUIN
This is my most performed Spoken Word Poem.. Inspired by the Mannequin Challenge. I wrote this poem for myself more than I wrote it for anyone else.

DEAR SOLIS
Once I met a Lady in a Garden, had a close encounter with her..stalked her Instagram, careful not to leave a random like and monthss later, this poem was born .

I AM NOT MY HAIR
Wrote this poem..
that cold night in January 2017
The night I cut my dreadlocks..

GEMINI MOON
Another beautiful work of pure artistic imagination, employing Imagery as the main literary technique here.

MS. QUITO
This is one of my oldest piece as well..
It's mostly Personification and Imagery, giving human attributes to a Mosquito and telling the story from that POV and angle.

LORD FORGIVE ME
I think this is the fastest and most vulnerable poem I ever wrote, I was sitting in a church, offertory passed and the inspiration came immediately. Real matters.

ALMOST 25
This poem means alot to me, it's a deep reflection of what's going on in my head as I'm almost 25 and don't feel a bit like it. Except that I've grown more experienced.

IMBALANCE
For some reasons I was going to take this poem off the list, but Thank God I left it. The reviews towards it has been encouraging.

Hey Fam..
I'm super excited this project has gathered over 1k Reads and 500+ Votes.
I appreciate everyone of you, for the love and support. Thanks!!
🌹🌹🌹💕💕🇳🇬

*****************************************

PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER AND LEAVE A COMMENT.. IF YOU ENJOYED IT!
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Thanks! 🌹💕