Apologies and Forgiveness

Jared's P.O.V.

I collapsed onto my bed with my face burying into my pillow. "Life is stupid," I said, my voice getting muffled by the pillow under me.

I rolled over and began to stare up at the ceiling.

The guy I have liked since our first year of middle school used me and didn't give a crap about it. After the fight, I just ran into the bathroom and stayed there until school was over. We only had one period left, and I didn't care that much- who needs Algebra anyways. Also, I didn't want anyone to see me crying... I would never hear the end of it if everyone saw the insanely cool Jared Kleinman crying. I had a reputation, and I don't show emotions like that around people. Not even Evan. So maybe he was right... Maybe I don't have any other friends, but what gives him the right to treat me like that!?

Oh yeah... Because I've always been a jerk to him. Why can't I just be a kind person? I do something nice for him and then this happens. When I finally jerked myself out of my thoughts, I noticed I had started crying again. I groaned as I sat up. Why do I have to be so weak? I pulled my glasses off and scrubbed at my face until it was dry. I stretched and looked over at the clock. I had been staring at the ceiling for about forty-five minutes. I stood up and sighed, making my way downstairs to throw some dinner together, neither of my parents were home. It had been about a week since Evan came clean about the whole Connor thing, and we hadn't talked since the fight.

I was sitting at the table eating a sandwich when the doorbell rang. I smiled and pushed away from the table. I was expecting a package in the mail; I had ordered a Trans flag a couple days ago. Yeah, I'm female to male transgender, but no one outside of my parents knew that. Both of them accepted me, and I was so happy, but I was always afraid of everyone else finding out about it- especially Evan. He didn't even know I was gay. I was scared of what his reaction would be.

I opened the door with a smile, but that smile quickly faded when I saw who was standing at the door.

Evan stood on my porch. He was staring at the ground and rubbing his arm lightly.

"H-hey, Jared..."

I felt angry. It had been a week since he told the truth to Alana and the Murphys and he's just now coming to talk to me? I was almost about to slam the door in his face right then and there, but then my gaze soften slightly at the sight of tears welling up in Evan's eyes.

Dang it Evan! I can't ignore you if you cry!

I mentally groaned, but I kept hardened look on my face.

"What do you want, Hansen?"

He looked up at me and then away again quickly. "I- I want to say I'm s-sorry; I used you and it wasn't okay, and I can understand if you don't forgive me, because you every right to be angry after what I did, but I wanted you to know how sorry I was- am, and that I would do anything t-to make it up to you."

I sighed and leaned against the door frame. I could tell he truly meant what he was saying. "It's fine, Acorn. I forgive you."

His eyes lit up, and he looked up at me. "R-really?"

I smirked slightly and rolled my eyes, "Yeah." I pushed myself off the door frame and made a 'come on' gesture with my hand. I knew his mom wouldn't be home until late, or early, or whatever. "C'mon, you can hang out for a while if you want. My parents aren't home, I'm guessing your mom isn't either, and you won't have to talk to anyone to eat over heere. We don't have much, but there's sandwiches." I looked back over at him and saw the surprise written on his face.

"Um, okay, sure." He happily followed me inside. I sighed inwardly, glad that we could probably leave what happened over the last few weeks behind.

As I tossed a sandwich together for Evan, we talked a bit. When I handed it to him, I started to feel a pain in my chest.

How long have I had my binder on...?

I just have been making a face or something, because Evan asked, "Is something wrong, Jared?"

I took in a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Let me go throw on something more comfortable." I bounded up the stairs quickly, not bothering to wait for an answer. It was getting harder to breathe.

I shut and locked the door to the bathroom that was connected to my bedroom. I pulled off my binder and sat on the edge of the bathtub, catching my breath.

Ugh, what am I gonna do? I can't be around Evan without my binder...

I looked around and saw my favorite hoodie. It was super baggy, and I was sure that he wouldn't be able to tell, so I grabbed it and threw it on over a t-shirt. I also changed into some comfortable pants before hurrying back downstairs to where Evan was.

I saw that he had finished his food and I suggested a movie. He agreed, so I led the way up to my room. We watched three different movies before we both accidentally drifted off.

|
|
|

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of Accepted!!! I would love to hear your opinions if you comment, and I will try to get more out soon!
Love you guys, stay awesome❤

-Kay

(986 words!)