Red

Cause love was like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street...

Days went on at hindi na nagparamdam pa si Gerald kay Asher.

Should she be disappointed? At first, she's fine with it. She went to her old life, walang iniisip kundi work, work and work. And of course her father.

She's convinced she's done with the guy with brown eyes.

She tried her best to concentrate on her job dahil ayaw na rin niyang mapahiya sa kanyang ama. One time he called and asked about the company. Ni hindi siya nito kinumusta kung ok lang siya, what she's been doing, if she's still breathing.

Hindi na yata darating yung time na magkakalapit sila ng kanyang ama. And she's started to accept that realization and be fine with it.

The same realization that's been running on her mind since day one. It's useless regretting the "what ifs" if she's with Gerald.

It's one of those days where she's filled with works and papers to sign and meetings to attend to, yet as soon as she stops her concentration on work, his face would be the first that would popped in her memories.

Hindi yata napapagod ang utak niya sa kare-replay ng mukha ng lalake sa balintataw niya. Maka-Gerald ang utak niya.

She'd allow herself to daydream for a while, assured na magsasawa din siya sa pagmumukha nito. Maybe if she keeps replaying all the short moments that they had, she'll wake up one day and had forgotten about it. Is it possible to happen? Sana.

She stopped what her doing and started to daydream when her secretary came in with a bouquet of flowers. And her eyes lighted up when she saw them.

Her favorite ones came back!

"Welcome back, tulips!" sabay abot ni Maja ng mga bulaklak.

She stared at the flowers. They were blue ones. Blue as what's she's feeling right now.

She missed the flowers. For a while, walang dumating sa kanyang mga bulaklak tulad ng nasa harapan niya.

The usual ones that she received, automatic na kung ano ang gagawin ni Maja sa mga yon. But tulips, Maja made sure they go straight to her office, put them in a vase, and put it in front of her table so she can see them when she comes in.

"So, what's the music this time?" tanong ng secretary niya.

"It's so hard to be ALONE...."basa niya sa nakasulat na card.

"Cheesy! May initials na?"

"None. Sa tingin mo magpapakilala pa si mystery guy?" tanong niya dito.

"Parang walang balak. Sana lang hindi siya magsawa sa pagpapadala ng mga yan para naman sumaya ka kahit konti. Pero hindi eh. Sigurado akong hindi siya magsasawa. At saka hindi magagasgas ang bulsa niya kahit ang mamahal nang mga bulaklak na yan."

Sino nga ba si mystery guy?

Both of them were deep in their thoughts when someone knocked and came in.

It was Hans.

"Hi Beautiful! Flowers for you!" sabay abot nang mga bulaklak sa kanya.

Nagkatinginan sila ni Maja.

"May nauna na pala sa akin," kunwaring nalulungkot na sabi nito.

Asher put down the tulips and stood up to greet Hans. She welcomed his kiss.