Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off of you.
You'd be like heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived.
And I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off of you.

Pardon the way that I stare.
There's nothing else to compare.
The sight of you leaves me weak.
There are no words left to speak.
But if you feel like I feel.
Please let me know that it's real.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off of you.

I need you baby, if it's quite all right,
I need you baby to warm a lonely night.
I love you baby.
Trust in me when I say, "OK." (it's OK)
Oh pretty baby, "Don't let me down," I pray.
Oh pretty baby, now that I found you, stay.
And let me love you, oh baby let me love you, oh baby...

You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off of you.
You'd be like heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived.
And I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off of you (I want you, I want you).

I need you baby, and if it's quite all right,
I need you baby to warm a lonely night.
I love you baby.
Trust in me when I say, "It's OK."
Oh pretty baby, "Don't let me down," I pray.
Oh pretty baby, now that I found you, stay.
And let me love you, oh baby let me love you, oh baby....

I need you baby, if it's quite all right,
I love you baby, you warm a lonely night.
I need you baby.
Trust in me when I say, "It's OK."
Oh, oh pretty baby, "Don't let me down," I pray.
Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay.
And let me love you, oh baby let me love you, oh baby....

"Asher! Welcome to our party!", bati ni Don Henry Tan pagkakita sa kanya.

"Hi Ninong! And congratulations on your wedding anniversary ni ninang Samantha", bati ni Asher sabay halik sa pisngi nito.

"Thank you and thank you sa pagpunta dito. By the way, how's your daddy?"

Nalungkot na naman si Asher nang maalala ang ama. "Frankly, I don't know if he's really okay. You know him, he always say he's ok. May alam ka ba bakit siya pupunta sa Vienna?"

"It was for business. The ambassador invited him to see if he can put up a business there."

"But six months?"

"You know your daddy. He takes his time checking all possibilities to expand his empire. And since he was invited to go there, he took the opportunity", said Don Henry in an assuring voice.

Ang totoo, alam nito ang plano ng ama ni Asher. Ito ang bestfriend ng kanyang daddy. He was told of the don's plans and even asked him to take care of Asher while he's outside the country. He even trusted him his last will and testament in case hindi maging successful ang operation. He even knew about Asher's mother, Divine.

"Don't worry about your daddy. He's okay. At saka nandito naman ako. You know you're like a daughter to me so in case you need help in your decision-makings, I'm just one call away."

"Thanks ninong", sabay yapos dito.

"Mabuti pa si ninong Henry, mahal ako. Eh si daddy?", bulong ni Asher sa sarili. Minsan naiisip nya, hindi siya anak ng kanyang ama. Minsan din, out of frustration, nawi-wish niya na sana, anak na lang siya nina Don Henry dahil sa pamilya nito niya nararamdaman ang pagmamahal na hindi niya maramdaman sa ama.

"Hija, do you mind if I leave you for a while? I just have to greet the other guests coming", paalam nito sa dalaga. "Ikaw na bahalang maghanap sa ninang mo. And of course, this is your house. You're always welcome."

"Oh sorry, ninong, please go ahead. I'll just look for ninang Samantha and Hans para bumati".

After nilang mag-usap, inilibot nya ang mata para hanapin ang kanyang ninang at kinakapatid. At nang makita niya ang mga ito, lumapit siya at humalik sa mga ito. "Ninang, congratulations! And my, you look younger and younger everyday!. Hello handsome!"

"Oh hello, Asher, my daughter!" bati ni donya Samantha sa dalaga. "Thank you for coming to the party. And thank you sa walang sawa mong papuri sa ninang mong tumatanda.".

"Mother, What Asher said is true. You look younger and younger everyday", singit naman ni Hans.

"Ano yan pambawi sa mga araw na hindi mo ako dinadalaw?", sumbat ni donya Samantha sa anak. "Buti pa itong si Asher, kahit papaano kinukumusta ako. Dinadalaw ako dito sa bahay" emphasizing the word while looking to her son.

"Ma, ang wrinkles. Busy lang ang anak mo sa kumpanya natin. And you, Ms. Beautiful? How's the new president and chairman of Geronimo's conglomerate?" baling nito sa dalaga para mawala ang atensyon sa kanya.

"Not yet. Monday I'll start on my new assignment."

"Busy? Sabihin mo busy ka sa mga babae mo. Bakit kasi hindi ka pa tumino at pakasalan mo itong si Asher at nang tuluyan nang maging legal na anak ko sya?", sumbat ng donya sa anak.

"Ewan ko Ma. Tanungin mo si Asher why until now hindi pa rin niya ako sinasagot."

Biglang namula si Asher. She got the hint before that her ninang wanted her to marry his son. Pero ngayon lang niya narinig mismo mula dito ang matagal na palang iniuungot sa anak. At si Hans, she never took his advances seriously dahil kapatid lang talaga ang turing nya dito.

"Ninang, eh kasi..."

"Forget about what I said, hija. I'm just voicing out my frustration. I love you both and I only want the best for both of you. Since pareho kayong single and available, why not, di ba? Bagay naman kayo. You can grant me one of my dying wishes."

"Enough of it Ma. Tonight is a celebration, not mourning", sabi ni Hans sabay yakap sa ina.

Hindi maiwasang mainggit ni Asher sa mag-ina. How she wished ganun sila ka-close ng kanyang ama.

"Why don't we start roaming around to welcome our guests? Wag tayo mag-iyakan dito", Hans suggested. And off they go, the three of them, greeting all the guests who came to the party.

Sa isang sulok ay may mga matang hindi inaalis ang tingin kay Asher.

Si Gerald.

The first time he saw her he was immediately mesmerized. She was entering the main door and was greeted by the celebrant when he glanced towards them. He was at the dark corner of the balcony sipping his vodka when he looked at her and bang! He couldn't take his eyes off her. The face full of innocence, eyes that looks like she's pleading to be loved, her aristocratic nose that shows stubbornness and the sensual mouth that is longing to be kissed. And her flawless skin, Christ! his hands are already itching to touch her.

"Whoa! What's happening to me?" Gerald stops himself. Never in his life had he got this strong attraction for a woman. One look at her and para na itong magnet sa kanya. He even couldn't believe himself uttering those words from his mouth. He's been with women, models, celebrities, and well-known personalities, so he should be used to her beauty. Yet, one look, and he didn't know what to do. There's something in her that he couldn't identify. There's this feeling in him he couldn't identify either. "It must be lust, nothing else. She's a beautiful woman, of course, I only appreciate her beauty." trying to convince himself.

He was about to approach her when he heard someone said something. And he stopped.

"She's the daughter Ali was talking about? Damn!"

He became frustrated immediately. "Damn, damn, damn!" he cursed. Why he's so disappointed, still, he doesn't know. And he started not to like that nagging feeling in him that wants to go near her. "Am I cursed by her or what?" Gerald asked himself. He's supposed to be angry at her because of her father. But no, none of it was he feeling right now. He wants her. He wants to be near her.

He may have stopped following her, but his eyes never lost its sight. It was still focused on her every move, the sway of her hips, the long hair that bounces every time she moves...ahhh...the smile that really never reaches her eyes. That intrigued him.

"I'm doomed."