Chapter 37: Hanging out with YouTubers in LA

Начните с самого начала

“Hey Luke,” I said cheerily as I popped up on his screen.

He looked very tired and had slightly red eyes. He instantly had me worried.

“Is everything okay?” I asked and my voice went up a notch.

“Yeah, I just have a lot of projects to do right now. I look forward to seeing you though,” he said with a weak smile. He looked absolutely exhausted. I knew that he worked partly for our uncle and that he was a tough businessman but surely he wouldn’t drive his nephew this hard.

“It is something with the freelance jobs or the work for uncle?” I asked.

“It’s kind of a long story and I promise that I’ll tell you everything when we meet,” he said and his eyes darted to the side. He was nervous about something that he had to tell me.

I didn’t want to push him but it took all of my restraint to hold my tongue. I would have to be patient. It was only two days after all.

“I wanted to thank you for my birthday gift. I love the new lens. It works wonder with the photos I took at the pool earlier. You didn’t have to get me a gift though.”

“Of course, I did. You’re my baby sister. I’ll always buy you birthday gifts and look out for you.”

His voice was so warm and filled with love. A year ago he wouldn’t even talk to me because he was ashamed of his problems. I had missed my big brother so much and was thankful he was finally back.

“I’m glad,” I told him.

We chatted on for a little while longer but then he had to get back to work. I was yawning the entire time and by the time I had said goodbye, I buried myself in pillows and sheets and drifted off to sleep.

The next day I had slept in for way too long and woke to a note on the bed table.

Morning, love. Do you know that you look beautiful when you are sleeping? I’ve probably told you that before. I had to go to my meeting but the boys said that you could come hang out in their room. They are chilling and filming videos. Oh, and Connor will be there. Can’t wait to see you tonight! <3

I smiled at the adorable note. Nate and I had gotten into the habit of leaving notes by the bed if one of us woke earlier and had to leave. I could feel awful to wake up to an empty bed but a cute note somehow made it a lot better. I knew he had mention Connor because he knew how much I liked that boy. I had really clicked with him in LA and had stayed in touch with him since. Tomorrow would kind of be a big day for him and I was happy I got to hang out with him and show support.

I ordered some room service and hopped into the shower. When I was done, I heard a knock on the door and the food had arrived. I ate it quickly and got dressed just as fast. It was wonderful that you could wear shorts and T-shirt in December. Odd but wonderful.

I knocked on door to Joe and Caspar’s room and was greeted by a Joe in a towel with wet hair. Apparently, I wasn’t the only one who had gotten up late.

“Who’s that?” Caspar yelled from the bed although he would just have had to move a little to see the hall.

“It’s me, Cas,” I said. “Are you decent?”

Joe started chuckling and returned to the bathroom. I heard Caspar jump up from the bed and soon I was pulled into a hug. That boy was so massive that he made me feel tiny.

Shortly afterwards, I heard a knock and I flew off the bed. Caspar and Joe started laughing at my reaction but followed closely behind. They had missed their friend too.