Chapter 16

*Cameron's POV*

It's been weeks. Almost a month. And I still haven't seen my beautiful girl. She's had two near death experiences so far where her heart almost stopped but the doctors were in the room both times. Now, we have a nurse who is in the room 24/7. I've been in here too. I haven't left the hospital since the day this all happened. Everyone has told me to go home, rest up. But I can't. There is no way I can't.

Altogether, Bella has:

~one broken arm

~one fractured arm

~twisted ankle

~broken foot

~"smashed" knees

~internal organs damaged

And more that they probably haven't discovered yet. There is a 85% chance that she won't end up paralyzed. A 90% change she will remember us even with some brain damage. A 60% chance of waking up within a 3-5 month period. And the worst of all... A 50% chance of living. The internal organs that are damaged are very important. And she has been in and out of 28 surgeries over the past three and a half weeks. She has at least one small one a day. At least 1-2 major ones a week.

I'm a wreck. I haven't slept. About 30 minutes- 1 hour is all I get each night if I'm lucky. Yes, I'm tired. But I miss Bella more than anything.

Bella left around 2 to go get another check up/surgery. She has a lot of machines keeping her alive. I've contacted her parents and they are staying in our condo with Tyler too. Nash offered to move in with someone else but they don't mind his company. They've gotten close to all the guys. Everyone is supporting everyone in this situation.

There is a knock at the door and I turn around. There stands her mom.

"Hey." I say. She walks in and takes the seat beside me.

"Another surgery today?" She asks. I nod my head.

"They are still in the process of finding what's all damaged." I answer back. Her mom and I share a special bond. This is someone we both love. Her dad and I have talked a few times, but I think he is lost with all of this.

"She'll get through this. She is my daughter. She's a fighter. She is not going to want to leave us like that. I can promise you that Cameron." She says and places her hand on top of mine which is resting on my knee.

"Thank you, Mrs. Kelly. For everything you've done." I say.

"No, thank you, Cameron. You've opened her up. She had such a sparkle in her eye when you two were talking that first day in the airport and the look on her face when she asked if she could sit with you on the plane. I knew you were going to be something for her." She says.

"I wanted to be something for her. She was just so unique, fun loving, interesting. I wanted to be there for her through anything. And I fulfilled that. I want to be sitting right here when she first wakes up." I say.

"Maybe she needs a reason to wake up. Maybe you should get the guys together and do a concert in her room for her." She says. I look over at her and smile.

"That's a great idea!" I say.

I text Nash:

"Dude! Get the guys and tell everyone to grab their cameras, musical instruments, and laptops! We need to give Bella a reason to wake up! Hurry over and we will discuss the game plan!"

He texts back:

"Dude yes! We need Bella back!!! Grabbing everyone and we will be on our way!"